Handlebar Choice

FJFOOL

Hi All,

I just picked up a 2000 V11 Sport and decided to raise the handlebars. I purchased a riser assembly from a California model and was curious which handlebars others have used for this. I'll post up pics of it when my daughter can help me re-size, as the ones I tried were too big. My first Guzzi, I really like it !

Thanks, Alex

Hi Docc,

It's black, has Gianelli cans on it and came with the new cross-over cat eliminator which I haven't installed yet. Odometer shows 2,700 miles but at around 5,000 miles the speedo cluster was replaced under warranty so she's got around 7,700 on her. Almost new Battleaxe tires, too. Tach works sometimes, I have a lot to learn with this one !

You're in the right place! She's only going to get better and better.

And that Gianelli exhaust sounds great! :thumbsup:

I converted the wife's V11 Sport from clip-ons to bars using the V11 Billabio bar and clamps. They mounted right up and the wife thinks they are comfy. Other then some creative routing of the brake line and throttle cables no other mods were required.

• 3 weeks later...

Covertibars!!!!!!!!  I just got back from a 1300 mile round trip to Mid-Ohio for the races and my covertibars saved the day. I had them up high and close to me for most of the trip. At a gas stop while my buddys were cleaning there shields I could change the position of the bar, felt like I was riding a different bike. From the hotel to the track I dropped them low more like a cafe style. From sport tourer to Cafe in less than a minute.. Pricy but well worth it.

Docc, thanks for the links, I really like the look of that fairing ! jrt's bike is the same color as mine so it's easy to visualise the end result. I'll have to check into the convertabars for the heck of it, too !

Thanks for the help !