Combination speedo and tach to replace stock gauges?

sp838

I suggest you write out a specification and fire it off to speedhut, they let you customize the gauges in other ways.

Using the filters is a bit tricky, you can back into a corner in just a few clicks of the mouse.

http://www.speedhut.com/gauges/Gauges-Only/39:1

http://www.speedhut.com/gauges/

Perhaps a dual gauge without any lights supplemented by some nice LEDs.

I glued the LEDs flush directly into the panel.

In hindsight I would have added the falcon graphic, all they need is a digital image.

CIMG5019_zpsf8294390.jpg

^^^ THIS is what I'm talking about! Except I'd want to do it with a combo gauge so I only had one. Very very nice work.

I think K_Roy's cluster is a great set up. Not only does the tach read 500 rpm with the motor off just like an original Veglia, but the clocks in British Columbia only have 10 hours!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well my ITI odometer stopped working. I managed to get the unit apart without destroying anything and the gear that runs off the speedo cable is worn away. I talked to Palo Alto Speedo who tell me this is usually where the problem is.

I read the threads of those who have replaced the unit several times, and those who want to replace the clocks altogether. Has anyone found a source for the part or tried having a part machined?

Thanks

Hey Kiwi_Roy: how do you like your Speedhut gauges? I am very tempted to buy one, but I read that they are not waterproof... Worried that I'd be throwing away $350+ if I bought one and then got caught in the rain. Have you ever got yours wet? Or anyone else who might have them? 

sp838,

When I spoke to Speedhut they said to mention it was for a motorbike and ask for the glass to be sealed.

The normal gauge comes with a reset button thru the glass but you can ask for that at rear, it comes with a button and a small headphone like plug.

I have never worried about mine getting wet, I live in Pacific NW.

The GPS type are too expensive IMHO, the pulse input speedos are easy to activate of any old bolt or whatever is spinning, dead easy to calibrate and I like that Speedhut will set the odometer to match the old Veglia odo.

I made my own sensor from a magnet and reed switch.

http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s526/Kiwi_Roy/Guzzi%20Dash/CIMG5021_zps0068bc59.jpg

SpeedHut Try out the customize features you will love it.

Add a Guzzi eagle graphic (you would need to send them that)

Besides, they have a warantee

the 3-3/8" size is what you need to fit the existing dash.

Docc,

Yes, when you turn off the key because the movement is a stepper motor it will stay put, turn the key on again it will return to zero

Yes the earth is not so big around up here, it takes less hours to rotate, very observant of you.

You're not admitting much about the ten hour clock . . . :glare:

I would like one of about fourteen or so and maybe catch up over a few years . . .