Clip-ons CRG Mirror Question

LowRyter

My Sport has been the converted to handle bars with CRG "Lane Splitter" bar end mirrors.

I have the original parts and would like to reinstall the factory clip-ons with the CRG mirrors (rather than OEM mirrors).  I know several of you tun this set-up.  Two questions:

1.  Visibility.  Are the CRG superior or equal to the stock mirrors when attached to clip-ons?

2.  Vibration. I note that with the clip-ons bar ends have huge and heavy vibration dampeners that go almost half the length of the bar itself.  The CRG bar end are only a internal mount with no vibration dampener whatsoever and very light.  Is the adequate vibration dampening?  Are additional parts required?

These RhinoMoto adapters seem to be a good solution.

I had my stock bar end weights machined to take the CRG. Once you are used to the small image, as you are, I think the CRG work better than stock just because the bar end position does not see mostly your elbows.

L-Ryter, I would think some kind of weight would be helpful for the vibration damping. The CRG mounting adapter doesn't amount to much and complaints about the original Sport clip-on vibration was significant even with the internal bar weights.

If you already have the CRG mounts, consider loading the hollow clip-on with a damping material like lead shot or even BBs. It works better if not packed tight so that the movement between the shot absorbs vibration.

I like the idea of machining the stock bar ends to accept the mirrors.  Perhaps just a narrow bend handle bar similar to the V11 naked would make for sense?

Glad I asked this before I just jumped into and tried to put it all together.  I have the OEM mirrors on my Suzuki Bandit and they work great.

Yeah, since you already have the handle bars modification, I wonder if simply swapping to a different bar that fits what you're looking for would be the simplest?