Magni Australia barn find....!

Paulsmartv11

I saw that one too! What a nice bike ... makes an 888 Ducati look lame!

Dont know if you're living in a parrallel universe Jim but a Ducati SP2/3/4 would chew one of these up and spit it out.

Even a std 888 would probably be better.

There are a few reasons a Guzzi has never won a WSB race let alone a Championship and one is because they are an archaic design as a sports bike from which to build the platform for a racer.

Even as a road sports bike that fundamental design shortcoming is plainly obvious to anyone that owns a guzzi and a modern sports bike.

From memory the Marni bikes did very little to correct this, mainly because the primary limitation is the engine transmission architexture

Ciao

Hmmmmm ....... I suppose I could point out to you the fact that an MGS-01 did rather well beating much more recent models of Ducati at Daytona and in Italy and probably many other places ...... but that's not what I meant. I was talking about looks .... and I like the looks of an 888. But I like the looks of the Magni Guzzi even more.

In the hands of a talented rider such a Mr. Guareschi even a lowly V7 can make more powerful bikes look lame if you are referring to racing and not looks!

Sent from my electronic device!

Hmmmmm ....... I suppose I could point out to you the fact that an MGS-01 did rather well beating much more recent models of Ducati at Daytona and in Italy and probably many other places ...... but that's not what I meant. I was talking about looks .... and I like the looks of an 888. But I like the looks of the Magni Guzzi even more.

In the hands of a talented rider such a Mr. Guareschi even a lowly V7 can make more powerful bikes look lame if you are referring to racing and not looks!

Sent from my electronic device!

Ok Jim, your talking about  looks,thats purely subjective, but for what its worth I think an 888 SP4 looks way better.

As for racing success, well I dont consider Daytona and the other "amature" ( respectfully) race series around the world as any real indication of the ultimate worth of a sportsbike design. To  many variable inc the ability of the people that prep and engineer the bike and the biggest one as you pointed out The Rider.

The Britten is a good example...I love it as a creation and engineering piece, it appeals to my engineers brain but in truth it never won anything of any real note and had a few major design  flaws/limitations.

The only true way to judge the ultimate value of a design from a performance perspective is in the white heat of battle at the very top echalons of racing.

My current yardstick for ultimate potential as a pure sportsbike bike design is WSB and for the ultimate sportsbike design as a road bike its world Superstock.  

Anything that can win in WSS 600 or 1000 is going to be a  seriously good sportsbike for the  road.

Ciao 

I saw this on Ebay too and it is only 10 miles from me. I think though that it has taken too much of a thump for my fat fingers to bring it back to life. Will leave it to those who know better and have more money than me. Would look nice in the lounge though !

I haven't ridden a Magni but I have ridden SP2, SP4 and SP5 Ducatis and the SP5 was just incredible.

I saw this on Ebay too and it is only 10 miles from me. I think though that it has taken too much of a thump for my fat fingers to bring it back to life. Will leave it to those who know better and have more money than me. Would look nice in the lounge though !

Yep - you have to wonder why its not been fixed, its looks like its been stored in a well equiped workshop, so would guess the owner is quite handy with the spanners. 

Good luck to any new owner!