stainless steel column nut replacement?

sp838

Just torqued down my heads and adjusted the valves. In the process discovered that the column nuts  (part #13021900) are really nasty with rust. I cleaned them up, and it's all buttoned up now, but the next time I adjust the valves I would like to replace them.

Does anyone know if these can be found in stainless? The other two nuts in the cylinder head at six o'clock which are exposed (not the four which are inside the cover under the rocker arms) are also pretty nasty, would like to replace them too. They seem to be standard hardware, probably easier to locate in ss. But those column nuts seem like they would be a bit trickier to find...

With all the galling/stripping issues I've had with stainless hardware over the years, I'd be very weary of swapping out for SS in that application. Maybe there is another type of coated/treated steel nut that could be used? I dunno...I just tend to run away from stainless hardware anymore.

What gstallons said. SS fasteners have only been good for me. Taking care to apply anti-seize or locktite sure beats dealing with rust.

Stainlees steel fasteners are just that , stainlees steel . These fasteners have no ability to lubricate . All plated faseners have an ability to "lubricate" as they are being installed/removed.

Any time you use a stainlees fastener you will want to use a lubricant , anti-sieze being the first choice. This prevents thread galling and prevents BIG problems .