Foot pegs

czakky

Looking for some gnurley (nurled?) pegs to replace these slippery buggers. Not really looking for new fangled adjustable rearsets just some semi-trick lookin pegs. Anybody seen anything like this?

Any Idea what a machinist would charge? Probably a lot considering the millwork and what not.

It was my recollection that others have fitted Monster pegs to the V11 as the stock Ducati units have a comfy rubber surface. I don't recall any modifications.

But, of course, that's all recollection and recall and worth precisely what you just paid for it! :oldgit:

That is awesome! Gonna have to order me up a set (4) thanks Docc.

I've searched this so many times and came up with nada. Maybe i never made back to 05. I use a lot of input from my legs on this bike.

Be aware the fronts and rears are different - you certainly can't use rears on the front. I don't know if you can use fronts on the passenger brackets.

I really like the V11 footpegs. From a design point of view they are very sleek and sexy like something from Prada. Their position has only bothered me rarely on very long days (400-500 miles/ 650-800 km), and I don't do that anymore.

The knurled pieces are very technical and modern. The price is surprisingly reasonable. Unless the shipping is $80.

I've heard a few MC publications describe the typical classic italian riding position as fitting folks with long torsos and short limbs, this is me. I like the position of the pegs, they are really similar to my old VFR800 (believe it or not I feel less vibration on the v11 than the VFR at the foot pegs) but my boots don't grip them very well, getting rid of my boots is not an option. They are finally broken in after 13 years :D . Yeah I can see what you're saying about a more modern/technical look. I usual keep my bikes pretty stock because IMHO more often then not a few after market items can really cheapen the look of a bike.

But from a purely functional standpoint  ;) I was also thinking of going with black, as it is a Lemans. Would be cool if these monster pegs fit the rear. I'll be reporting back.

I would really like to replace the rear pegs with black ones as well. Part of my re-styling which will include painting the passenger peg/exhaust holders black in an attempt to make them disappear...

Please do report back your findings, and if I discover anything, I will report back too.

I had a thought regarding the rear pegs: maybe getting totally round ones is a way to work around the different angle of the mounting tab. The ones that are tapered need to match the angle of the mounting tab thing, which is different on the passenger pegs than on the rider pegs.

Of course, the tapered ones look way better. Maybe only replacing the rider pegs, and just painting/powder coating the passenger pegs black is the easier and overall best way to go...

EDIT: I think the Oberon ones are the nicest, and they are made in the UK, not in China:

http://www.oberon-performance.com/acatalog/Ducati_Racing_Foot_Pegs.html

I definitely tried to avoid buying chinese pegs and would have gladly spent more money but there wasn't anything easily available. Anyway ended up with http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ducati-Front-Rider-Foot-Pegs-Monster-600-620-695-750-800-900-1000-ie-01-08-/190779723816?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AMonster+600&hash=item2c6b5b9028&vxp=mtr

I like the knurling on these and for $40 it's worth a shot.

Those look very nice, let us know how they work out for you! Any thoughts on the rear pegs? Another idea I had was to maybe dip them in this stuff called "plasti-dip":

http://www.plastidip.com/

If it doesn't work it can always be peeled off...