no direct experience, but they are top quality, top notch (and top dollar.) all the big name hot shot builders use them. if they had a combo speedo/tach gauge like the one I got from speedhut I would have gone with them but I didn't find exactly what I was looking for.

I second what sp838 says.... I ended up getting the SpeedHut gauges just because I couldn't quite get what I was looking for in their relatively limited product line....although the overall look and finish of the Motogadget stuff is top notch, they are a bit 'over the top' price wise. I think I got more bang for my buck with Speedhut. In order to do a two gauge setup on my V11, I think it would have been over $1200, some function redundancy, and no Moto Guzzi logo!

• Like 1

Jeez, I clicked on that link and looked at the ChronoClassic line before reading the next two posts. The price tag nearly gave me a heart attack.

I am sure there stuff is really nice, they are certainly very proud of there stuff based on those prices.

The SpeedHut stuff may or may not be as high end but they allow so many custom options I am surprised custom builders would pick MotoGadget over them. I reckon many of those custom builders don't know about SpeedHut or other automotive based suppliers that can do the custom work. Seems odd, but it is what it is.

The m-Unit does look pretty awesome. If I was re-wiring a bike from the ground up I would definitely use one.

• Like 1

Hey, Roy, what would make it better?

(I've been planning on the jump to SpeedHut when my current Veglias play out . . .)

cool thing about the m-Unit is everything is run by relays so you don't have to send full power to your switch gear on the handle bars. makes it a lot easier to hide all your wiring.

Hey, Roy, what would make it better?

(I've been planning on the jump to SpeedHut when my current Veglias play out . . .)

The Motogadget seems to be in a metal case, the Speedhut is plastic, not that you see it once installed.

The big plus for Speedhut is all the options available, you can configure the look any way you like and include your own graphic

For a bike ask them to seal the glass and put the reset button at the back.

Just  tad over $300 for the pair.

I personally wouldn't go for with the GPS model speedo, all you need is a pulse.

It looks marginally better than Speedhut at several times the price.

Same idea, stepper motor drive.

Did you look at the M-Unit Roy? I was curious to hear what you think of its capabilities.

The basic unit certainly looks like it would tidy things however you still need wires from the unit to the headlight H/L filaments

It would probably work best with a pre FI bike, the diagrams seem to point that way.

http://motogadget.com/media/downloads/plan/fahrzeugschaltplan_en.pdf

The m-Unit V.2 is the 'electrical heart' of the motorbike. All switching operations are completely digitally controlled by a microprocessor and the latest solid-state technology - completely without mechanical relays, taking vehicle electrical systems to a new level!

From that I gather the switching is done by transistors. I wonder what the current rating is, your Valeo starter solenoid will draw 50 Amps for a split second.

I'm not sure you save a lot of wiring, with the M Button, you still have to connect all the switches and all the loads, it just saves the wires in between

You could make your own relay based system and connect the switches to relays with tiny wires.

If you had a problem on the road it might be hard to troubleshoot although it has LEDs on each input and output.

http://motogadget.com/media/downloads/plan/fahrzeugschaltplan_mbutton_en.pdf

Realy, it's not doing a lot more than the relays on your Guzzi are doing already,

There accessories certainly look nice but as SP838 says I wouldn't use one unless I was starting from scratch.