Mini Relay Socket Part Number?

sp838

I need a couple, I'd like to use the exact same ones because they slide so neatly together. Looking at the parts manual and on Harper Moto, they inexplicably only show two (the bike has five) and they don't list the part separately from the entire wiring harness. My bike has two kinds: the ones shown in the manual that have tabs to mount to the frame, and three additional ones with no tabs that slide together.

Anyone know what the part number is for either of these, and where to get them?

Thanks as always!

image.jpg

ok, I found the BOSCH part number for the two mini relay sockets with tabs. It's the "bosch micro ISO relay 3-334-485-045"

Haven't found the tabless ones yet. Would still love to know what those are.

BoschMicroISORelaySocketWithoutTab3-334-
magnify-clip.png

Bosch Micro-ISO relay socket without tab p/n 3-334-485-046

(click pic to link)

Wouldn't you still need the correct female connectors to insert?

That's not the same one as we have on our bikes, it doesn't have the grooves on the sides that allow it to slide into the other ones as seen here:

http://store.chiefenterprises.com/Products/Sockets-Terminals/V23333Z1001B045-1-1904045-5-Micro-Relay-Socket

The blade connectors are sold separately and are be crimped on to the wires: "6.3 mm Fastin-Faston quick connect terminals and 4.8 mm G&H terminals."

I guess I can just trim the tabs off.

Ah - I see what you mean there. I'm surprised they don't show up easily . . .

yet an image search only shows the grooved bases with the mounting tab. Luigi must have spent all week cutting those of!

• Like 1

ok i am clearly suffering from project derangement syndrome. just looked at the relay sockets, lo and behold they all have mounting tabs. either i hallucinated the tabless ones last night, or a gremlin snuck in and swapped them out while i was away. i am going with the latter.

Just get the type with the tab and tie them all together with a scrap of metal

CIMG2372_zps8f157e3b.jpg

Thanks for the link SP838, I have been looking for those for ages

How do you match up the two sizes of terminals required?

Crimp tool?

Make a little release tool like you see in the tray to release the contact from the base.

• Like 1

the row of three blades on one side are 4.8mm, the other two are 6.3mm. the females are crimp on connectors.

I found Pyro Dan's site. He has some nice relays but I didn't see anything about sockets. I sent him an email and didn't get any reply. I also searched for the company that makes them – GEI (Greenwich Electronics Inc.) – and tried calling them but the number on their site was disconnected :-/