advice cafe sport

dangerous

Check the plug cables.

and end caps and be sure wires seated all the way into coils.  battery ground connections.

true I do remember seeing a section of plug cap missing

so those with pod filters have never had tuning issues?

Sure they do. And even when well tuned they tend to make less power over all than with the airbox. That is why I suggested you pull that stuff off and return it to the stock set up.

It can run with pods, and even run pretty well with pods. But pods can cause running issues and it will never run as well with pods as it does with the stock airbox.

You have a Nero Corsa correct? It's essentially the same bike sans bodywork.Hard to tell but it looks clean from those pics  :thumbsup:

what looks clean mate?

I see the plastic fuel connectors have been replaced. Did they make a good job of it?

I didnt pay to much attention bike was only here for 20mins I will be going over it beter when it comes for a wee stay

".Hard to tell but it looks clean from those pics"

Like I said, from those pics,it's hard to tell.As in,not dirty,dusty,greasy,rusty,scratched,etc,....

Good luck getin her goin,....

I hope that's not one of the batteries that's prone to start on fire!

I'd start with the basics first: TPS reset, balance throttle bodies. Somehow my tb's got out of whack over winter, and the bike seemed like it was fighting itself until I balanced them.

What's that tube coming out of the pod filter? That could be your huckleberry depending on where it's coming from or going to. I'm assuming that's from the engine breather at the base of the engine? Is it split in two, and the other hose is going to the other pod? You can always wrap some duct tape over part of the pod to reduce air if you want to see if that changes how the bike runs over 5k. Could be just sucking in too much air.

Can you describe how the bike runs over 5k? What's it doing exactly, and with how much throttle being used. If it has the manual petcock, make sure it's opened all of the way.

Ken

cheers ken... I dont have the bike here at the mo but when kiwijen comes out this way next Ill try a few things

can someone please repeat them selves and post what a sparkie lecky gadget thing shoild read when on the TPS ill take that info to a auto sparkie mate up the road to check

Mine runs on pods just fine, a good possibility that the TPS needs to be set.

Take a look at the TPS screws do they look like they have been messed with?

Some try to adjust for the pods using the TPS.

Do a valve, plug, TPS, and a fuel filter change.

It may be the fuel filter.

cheers ken... I dont have the bike here at the mo but when kiwijen comes out this way next Ill try a few things

can someone please repeat them selves and post what a sparkie lecky gadget thing shoild read when on the TPS ill take that info to a auto sparkie mate up the road to check

150 mV with the throttle plate fully closed (no linkage, no right adjustment screw, no high idle cam interference), then bring the linkage into play and the idle screw(s) to where the TPS is 524 mV

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There's a guy selling a few sets of carbon fiber on eBay USA...if you really gotta have the proper CF side covers. About $900 a set. Make him an offer. Comes with front screen, front fender, and both side covers. Sounds like a fun project!

• Like 1

work begins next weekend, but while we are on the subject... can we all look at the battery holders next time our seats are off... cos as the photo below shows mine is bolted on to the main frame with 2 at the front and 2 bolts at the back.

The cafe with the batt under the tank does not have these bolt mounts and neither have they been ground off... what am I missing here people? 

battxxxxx.JPG

Yup mine too! Can't wait to see the photos of the battery area on this Cafe Sport-  But make sure they haven't been ground off...I've manged to grind off some things and repaint, and it is very hard to tell that they were there now.

Hey grossohc, can you clarify which your bike is like? Dangerous showed us a photo above of his Le Mans Nero Corsa battery box, not the Cafe Sport bike he is working on for somebody. He says his buddy's Cafe does *not* look like the picture above, and all the battery tray mounting tabs are missing... So does your Cafe Sport look like the Nero Corsa photo or no? We're trying to figure out if somebody modified his friend's Cafe Sport.