Gearbox went *crunch*

Hoggbert

Hello

Was enjoying the summer weather today on my V11, when downshifting a gear the box went crunch and suddenly all propulsion ceased.

I first thought i had it stuck in a false neutral, have had it slip into a false neutral before, only then I could just shift again and it would be good.

Now all gears act like neutral, i can shift with no problems, just nothing happens. A slight rattling noise, but doesnt sound like theres anything loose inside.

Havent had time to check into it (and to be perfectly honest, not sure if I should be poking inside the gearbox with all my ten thumbs).

Anyone experienced something similar? Is the gearbox #@$&@#@ up completely?

Also, if there are any norwegians here, do you know of a competent workshop in the trøndelag region? :D

You could look for the 'Spring Has Sprung' threads for getting an idea how to remove the sidecover of the gearbox. It's no big task and will give you a near to perfect look on all its internals.

Anyway, regardless whether the gearbox, the clutch or other parts in the drivetrain have failed, it will rather be nothing you could fix by swapping relais or with additional ground cables (unless you use them for towing). So opening the gearbox will probably be just another complication on the bike's way to the next shop.

Nonetheless make sure to report back once you know what sort of shit happened this time.

Hubert

If it's the Pawl spring or arm it's on the side of the transmission near the shifter under the cover.Not a big deal to pull and inspect.Lotta info here about the problem.

PS Sub-Forum police,please move this to "Tech Topics"

Agreed that this and lots of the threads here on 24/7 V11 subforum probably "fit" better in Tech Topics, but it's so common to cross-post tech topics here that it's become de rigeur to simply peruse both subforums for technical postings.

I've never heard of a pawl spring breaking without leaving the gearbox stuck in some gear.

I wish we had a simple solution, but I think Hubert (luhbo) has good advice for you.

Does the clutch actuation feel normal? Can you see that the drive shaft is intact and spins when the rear wheel is rolled?