Rocker cover bolts

stewgnu

Hi All,

Am I correct in thinking that the torque figure for the head cover bolts is 8 - 12NM?

I'm buttonin her back up tomo after a valve check...

Ta in advance,

Stew.

Stew,

Yeah, 6mm screw: 8-12 NM. I've always wire brushed my threads and treated them to a dab of copper anti-seize. Wipe the gaskets and head surface clean. Tighten in a "star" pattern from the inside > out.

Same gaskets after 90,000+ miles! :thumbsup: (FWIW, I use LowRyter's "tug-squinch" method for the torque using a T-handle . . .)

There is a lot of discussion about using copper paste on alu / steel connections. It may cause electochemical corrosion.

The head cover bolts on my bike always have some engine oil on them. They never get stuck.

I also rub some engine oil on the gasket and use the gasket time after time

Cheers folks!  All back together, no leaks.

Still getting slight rough patch around 2500 - 3000 revs though...  kinda feels like a pulse backing up thru the system.

I'm starting to ride around it but that part of the revs is exactly where I find myself when accelerating out of roundabouts/slow corners.

Wonder how that other chap with the surging Ballabio got on.....

if you still have the stock crossover that might be the source of the rough patch. changed mine to a Mistral x-over and the cough, hesitation I had (3200rpm) went completely away.

There's the mistral crossover and titanuim cans on her at the mo.

I've been suspecting air leaks ever since the left throttle body got blown off.  I suppose next step is 2 safety pins and a look at the tps reading- which is what t'other chap (lugs) was about to sort.

At least it aint stopping me riding it though!