finel drive movment?

dangerous

Ummm bit odd never noticed it before... does your V11 have movment with the finel drive casing ie it slides left to right that is away from the swing arm to wards the hub and back... just that another one I looked at has no movment and as I have just had the wheel out wondering tho I dought it if I miss placed a spacer???

Should be no movement. There is a spacer between the inside of the drive and the wheel of about 15mm. I believe it is the same spacer used on the left front axle on the early (Marzocchi) Sports.

I'm not an expert on this, but I just happened to have my back wheel off the other day (new tyre + brake disc):

Picture 1: The spacer (bushing) is the part #18. First slide the axle (part #16) through the gearbox and then slide the bushing over the axle untill the very end.

Picture 2: When on the axle, the bushing lies inside the part #29 (grooved for the opposite part on the wheel).

PS.
Picture 2: When the wheel and axle is off, take spacer/cover #33 out and grease well the needle bearing #31. I have read that many here in Europe do not want to tighten the nut (#17) for the axle to the given 120 Nm because of the bearings.

ohhh thats lots a parts in there... my movment is like on the spline or axel sideways movment of the hole dif part #1 above, I cant get to the bike till the weekend to have another look so Ill get back to yas then, cheers all

I would think part #18 in the wheel diagram may be absent. The parts Hubert referenced (30 & 31in the rear drive diagram) I would think would cause more of a fore and aft play if they failed.