Handle bars

dolittle

well the steering neck is connected directly to the motor, you will have vibration.. perhaps a throttle body balance is in order?  you'll need a new top triple clamp, or drill holes in yours to mount bars.

The main thing is that the clip on V11's and the versions with handlebars seem to use the same top triple clamp (at least my wifes did). That means the top triple clamp casting has lugs where you can drill out the holes to convert to handle bars. Once you have the holes in the clamp (or you can buy a clamp with holes in it from the factory if you want) you just need to decide which bar clamps you want to use. You can use the stock ones from, say, a BillyBob V11. Or you can by aftermarket ones from LSL or others. The key things to keep in mind are whether you use 7/8" bars or 1 1/8" bars, the clamps have to match the bars. The stock BillyBob clamps are 1 1/8" and with them you can use the stock BillyBob bars or a variety of other 1 1/8" bars. The BillyBob clamps are designed to be set up as rubber mounted, which would be a good idea as you are having vibration issues. If you buy the stock factory set up and drill the required holes in your top clamp you should be off to a good start. It is 100% do-able. The only question is how do you want to do it.

There have been more than a few threads on this site discussing this.

• 4 months later...

I just used an extension on the end of hyd line so used stock lines. my friend made the risers aans sold them for $200.. I have a second set but pretty sure I'd have to collect 200. for them.

• 4 months later...