2004 V11

andrei

2004 LeMans . Starts no problem ( cold ) idles quite well , won't rev much above 3 k , starts surging , running on one cylinder , stalls as she warms up , stalls , Any ideas ?

Not new , had it for the last 6000 miles . it was running fine , went on a 1500 mile trip a while back , didn't miss a beat . Going to Walmart to pick up some plugs shortly . Noticed that when I work the left injector manually , it revs better than the hand-throttle ? Sounds like Throttle bodies , TPS maybe ?

Are both plugs black? How long did it take to get to that blackness? Black normally means too rich, so I'm wondering if it's leaky fuel injectors (chances of both of them leaking should be low) or a bad fuel regulator. If it was just one side, I would think maybe a bad coil. If you take off the caps on the vacuum ports where you connect the hoses to balance TB's, how much fuel pours out of those? 

FWIW, you can buy a fuel pressure tester from HF http://www.harborfreight.com/fuel-injection-pump-tester-92699.html  And I think if you need a new regulator, you can pick them up from your local H-D dealer for pretty cheap.

Ken

• Like 1

Temperature sensor? It's the blue part on the right cylinder. Look for disconnected cables first, then measure the sensor's resistance both hot and cold. You'll find the correct values in the shop manual.

Hubert

• Like 1