Has anyone ever had an oil line leak?

sp838

Bike started pissing oil after the last track day I went to, from the front of the sump, looked like maybe one of the oil line fittings and/or couplers and washers themselves needed to be retightened. Took the opportunity to take the sump off and install the Roper Plate, put everything back together nicely (edit: I replaced all the crush washers with new ones.) Put some oil in and turned the engine over while still on the lift, and, without even fully running the engine, I got another leak immediately.

It was just a small drop, but this time I could see where it came from before it made a mess. It appears that the oil is not coming from between the sump and coupler/washer, or from between the coupler and the fitting on the line. It looks like it's coming out from the fitting itself. I took a crappy picture with my phone, I can get a better one if anyone really cares to scrutinize it that much. It was towards the end of my evening in the garage, so I didn't investigate further, thought I should do some research.

Is this a fixable thing, or do I need to replace the whole line? Is this common, what would cause the line to fail? New stock lines go for $85, weighing my options...

Thanks!

oil-line-leak2.jpg

Yes, replaced all the crush washers with new ones from Harper Moto. The oil doesn't appear to be coming from there, see the above attached pic. I will try cranking the engine over while looking down there to make sure that is where it's coming from, but it appears to be coming from between the parts on the fitting itself.

Could it be something as stupid as not being tightened down enough? Pretty sure I did get them nice and snug, and I tend to be one of those ham fisted over tightening types. I just can't imagine how the line itself can leak like that, but I guess anything's possible. If the line is indeed shot, I will build my own using Earl's Performance plumbing parts I think.