LeMans & introduction

judgefargo

I struggled through that link, the original thread which inspired it is linked at the bottom, makes a much better fist of summarising with explanation. Some learn from being told, others by being shown how, others by doing, and others need to know why. I am in the last subgroup.

Surprised there was no mention of the balancing oil manometer.

Thanks everyone. The truth is I scouted through this forum quite heavily before I got the bike and read in detail the Guzzidiag and ECU modifying posts.

I am really glad you attached the post regarding the TPS which was driving me mad, because I kept seeing it written and just could not find what it meant (Throttle Position Sensor at last!).

I also think as you Zooter, I prefer understanding the "what" than the "how" and after reading the elaborate post you added, am going through the original version now to understand better how things tick on the guzzi.

I just read what bike you have Zooter and realized it "will be" a Tenni!! You are one lucky guy, and I do wish that it is delivered safe and sound.

I am going to read through the post with my father and see if this weekend I can sort it out, weather has worsened here so wont be riding I don't think, bike sounds mad with those exhausts without the DBkiller by the way, I do recommend them, though they are a tadd overpriced  at around 800€ if I'm not mistaken.

I will also be changing the headlight bulb, for the last owner put a 35w one and it is just to dim. I have read that the original bulb is the H4 12V 55/60W, is that correct?

Well lads, if you need anything from Spain just ask ok! hehe

I may be buying a helmet from NZ Mr. Zooter, it's a Bell Star Matte Carbon, first of all because they don't sell them over here in Spain, and secondly because they are quite cheap on ebay there. How harsh do you think customs will be on me whilst receiving from NZ? Last helmet I bought in USA cost me dearly due to customs fees..

Ordering from NZ you don't pay our NZ GST on exports. A helmet dealer might not be aware he doesn't have to charge it.

Not sure but I think they still do economy surface post at NZpost. If your border control / tax collection is asleep it might slip through untaxed. That used to happen sometimes here, even with airmail. DHL and fedex ping you on behalf of govt.

Ordering from NZ you don't pay our NZ GST on exports. A helmet dealer might not be aware he doesn't have to charge it.

Not sure but I think they still do economy surface post at NZpost. If your border control / tax collection is asleep it might slip through untaxed. That used to happen sometimes here, even with airmail. DHL and fedex ping you on behalf of govt.

Cheers mate, I'm having second thoughts now.. I have been reading some pretty harsh reviews on revzilla regarding the sound the helmet makes..

What helmets do you guys use??

Cheers mate, I'm having second thoughts now.. I have been reading some pretty harsh reviews on revzilla regarding the sound the helmet makes..

What helmets do you guys use??

My second option is an Arai Corsair V Frost Black I think, reviews are excellent, and noise wise they speak much better of it.. My last helmet was an Arai X3 Tour and hated that it was so loud, it is a trial helmet so was normal I suppose, but went better with the SM.

I will also be changing the headlight bulb, for the last owner put a 35w one and it is just to dim. I have read that the original bulb is the H4 12V 55/60W, is that correct?

That is correct on the bulb. I tried running "hotter" ones like Sylvania Silver Star, but while I like the brightness, they just do not last.

By all means, please send by a paella and a nice Spanish lady. I hear they all have long legs. B)

That is correct on the bulb. I tried running "hotter" ones like Sylvania Silver Star, but while I like the brightness, they just do not last.

By all means, please send by a paella and a nice Spanish lady. I hear they all have long legs. B)

Thanks for the tip mate, I'm not sure that the paella would arrive in to good condition.. with the prawns and all I mean.. 

Speak to you soon guys,

and ride safe!

Re helmets, it always used to be said "you either have an Arai head or a Shoie head". I have a Nolan myself. It would pay to try on before buying.

I think I'll do that and go and try on a Corsair V, for I wont be able to try on the Bell (don't have the Star in Spain), plus the fact that its so noisy really draws me back..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...