Rear stand substitutes

Zooter

The factory stand is well and good. I don't have one and probably half of you don't either, so what are you using?

It's not clear in any photo I've seen, where the stand latches on. I guess under the rear subframe just inside the bottom of the porkchops?

I have a cunning plan ( I could be related to Baldrick too ), but before I embarrass myself and drop it, what works to get the rear off the ground and level?

I like my factory stand.  It pays for itself very quickly.

A volunteer! Please measure the height of the lower porkchop bolt off the floor when stand up. Also, how high is the rear tyre off the ground?

With the preload cranked up on my Ohlins, I have to put a 4x4 block under the factory stand handle to get the rear tire to clear the floor about an inch.

• Like 1

A volunteer! Please measure the height of the lower porkchop bolt off the floor when stand up. Also, how high is the rear tyre off the ground?

With the preload cranked up on my Ohlins, I have to put a 4x4 block under the factory stand handle to get the rear tire to clear the floor about an inch.
Thanks, I hadn't forgotten about variations in suspensions, sitting on the ground, how high is your porkchop bolt?

I just picked up a swing arm stand at Harbor Freight, with the 20% off coupon it was $25.  I did have to "manipulate" the stand a bit to fit the swing arm but it works just fine.  

:nopic:

11" (30cm) from floor to center of bolt.  1.75-2 (4.4-5cm) inches below the rear tire.

11" (30cm) from floor to center of bolt.  1.75-2 (4.4-5cm) inches below the rear tire.
Thanks, I'll assume you have stock suspension.