Cylinder temperture differences when balacing throttles bodies

Hello guys

I have been trying to tune up my 2001 V11 Sport "Cicciolina" with no to much success, after follow the forum's procedure I end up with almost (hose with oil method) balance throttle bodies but at my first attempt the rigth cylinder got very hot but I could  touch with bare hands the exhaust of the left one.

I decided to back on my steps and re did all the procedure (TPS set 150mV, hook up the throttles rod, set TPS at 521 mV, white nob to balance over 3000 RPM) but this time the left cylinder comes very hot and the right one remains just warm.

What I am doing wrong and how can I fix it  

TIA

If the bike is sitting still while you tune and balance, be sure to blow a big fan over the motor constantly. Are you using a shop stand of some kind to keep the bike vertical?

The only explanation I can see is it's so far out of balance first one cylinder then the other is running by itself.

Just try again, sooner or later you will realize what you have done wrong

Perhaps get one of your friends to try, a fresh pair of eyes.

As I explained before what you are trying to do is get both throttles to open equally, perhaps take off the two intake rubbers and watch the throttles move together, you should be able to get it very close that way. If they don't look right you may be able to see what is wrong.

I sent you something yesterday, did you get it?

Cicciolina is upset, sooner or later she will tell you what you did wrong Haha

Good Luck

Roy

Swap the injectors from one side to the other and see what happens . If the heat travels then the injector is not good. Send them to www.lindertech.com for evaluation. They can test , contact you , clean and match them for flow to have you back in business !

Swap the injectors from one side to the other and see what happens . If the heat travels then the injector is not good. Send them to www.lindertech.com for evaluation. They can test , contact you , clean and match them for flow to have you back in business !

???? Do you suspect random interchanging injector failings, or need rereading of OP?

It's not that easy from Venezuela. The bike has been running good previous to this so the injectors are fine.

I found that a bad spark plug was causing all the problems, re do the procedure after a fresh spark plug installation and with some details still to be manage the Cicciolina is running again.

Tomorrow a 150 miles roundtrip to the beach I will let you know everything ends.

Thanks for your patient and all the help

Roberto 

I knew you could do it  :thumbsup:

You have overcome a lot of problems so far

Bad ECU, Starter with the magnets falling off, TPS and other things, soon you will be an expert Guzzi mechanic.

Say hello to the girls at the beach, take some pictures   :race:

• Like 1