Home brew cruise control!

Gottagetone

Found this on YouTube and give it a try....it works!  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXk9WeVgxUo

Installed on my V11:

04650E67-1071-4554-A037-DE06B3502557_zps

I went to Fastenall and the guy there was nice enough to give me a couple industrial strength zip ties.  The first on went on too tight so I cut it off...I should have picked the lock and removed it.  The second one went on just right...its lose enough to rotate around the grip without issue.  Ive used it a few times and it creates no issues when not in use.  

My right forefinger and thumb have a tendency to go numb on long rides and I was looking for a solution.  I adde the foam grips and that helped but the only real solution is a couple good shakes off the grip.  I don't grip tight and can only figure its the position and years of wrenching and smashing my hands.  The cruise control options are limited and don't get great reviews.  The zip tie works like a champ and was free!   :thumbsup:

my take? it is such a simple design you'd think it will never work but it does! apply with your index finger, when you throttle down it slips back with ease. holds speed well, better than my Throttlemiester, Bobs wrist rest or the other flip lock I had once.

there is a more elaborate version with a screw adjustment but with my grips not needed.