battery light

rossi46

Hi Just came back from a run, as I got near home at some traffic lights I noticed at idle that the battery light was  on, only dimly, idle is about 1000rpm, just had tps and balance- idle too low? A sniff of throttle and light goes out, or put a bit of fast idle on, got home 30amp fuse is cool and shows no sign of melting, all connections are tight, extra ground from regulator already done, battery when home 12.99-key-on 12.87-cranking 10.07-idle 12.66 and 13.30@3,000rpm

thoughts please!

A mate's Scura has just started doing that and we can't find an obvious reason for it, the battery stays charged ok, we did notice that the red light goes out at idle when the headlight is on, just noticed your bike has a red front subframe from an earlier model any idea why? maybe they ran out of black ones that day, makes it unique

idle too low?

That's where I would go first. My tach is 300 rpm high, so an indicated 1,000 would be expecting a lot (of voltage, of oil pressure, etc) at 700 rpm.

What harm is there to idle at 1200-1250? Better oil pressure, better charging, cleaner running idle . . .

• Like 1