Exhaust Crossover to Frame Bushing.

Jet

If you want to torture self, (if you have large hands) install whatever this bushing part is and spend about 1hr on it like I did. 

Im not sure if it will help tame down any vibration, I noticed when I took the pips off for ceramic coating it was missing. Folks at Moto International  set me up and sent me everything I needed. It was such a pain to install I had to remove both cans, and unhook the hangar that connects the two just cause its such a tight fit. Im thinking a saw and a hockey puck may also have worked just fine. 

I Suppose its a good day to go for a, "BRAAAAP" as kids are calling it these days. Ill report back if any vibration was reduced. 

IMG_5217_zpsyzqn23dv.jpg

If it was difficult to install, perhaps something else in the exhaust system is out of alignment - or since it was not there before, maybe you don't have all the bits and washers that are supposed to be included. I think the purpose is to reduce vibration and therefore wear at the four pipe connections at the crossover - probably not something you would feel.

But it's always a good day for a BRAAAAP.

One of the nicest things I did for my Sport is "de-stress the exhaust" per Pete Roper's suggestion (heh - Pete makes "suggestions" kind of like lightning gives "a little flash!") - the basic drill is to loosen all the exhaust fasteners and do them all back up a little at a time in round-robin fashion whilst bumping about on the exhaust system to be sure there is no angry stress point.

Pete could give you the best description, but there could be an assistive chicken at the fore . . .  :notworthy: 

Good point Scud, It was pretty much difficult cause I have large mitts and its rather petite under there.  As per the Stiendezin website it appears I had all the necessary bits, but it looked like there could have been room for at least one more washer. Maybe Ill go see if anything is rubbing or out of whack. 

Doc thats a great idea. I look at the rear and and noticed the Left or right, (I think right) exhaust was just a tiny bit crooked, or so it appeared to me. I have seen others mention this. I noticed the the two flanges that connect the muffler to the peg brace are shaped slightly different. I have a spare set somewhere, Ill go take a peek at to see if its the same same. 

Also ack from a big BRAAP, lol. Still hella vibration in the bar ends but manageable, Ill survive, Manic Salamanders will be ordered soon enough. 

" . . . I look at the rear and and noticed the Left or right, (I think right) exhaust was just a tiny bit crooked, or so it appeared to me. I have seen others mention this. I noticed the the two flanges that connect the muffler to the peg brace are shaped slightly different . . . "

The right exhaust on the V11 is further out on the right to clear the shaft drive complex.

A lot of the "high pipe exhaust", like the factory "Titanium" tuck back in at the top and look pretty symmetrical. :thumbsup: