Rear shock options in UK

stewgnu

Hey Scud- I happened to bolt mine on t'other way round- does it matter? :huh:   Has one of us made an unforgivable error?? :wacko:   What will the neighbours say??? :blink:

At least I can get to my rebound knob without removing the airbox. :grin:

Stew

Mistake by me - thanks for pointing it out. And you guys are too kind. An appropriate post would have been:

"Hey Scud - ya bonehead! You mounted your shock backwards. Was something burning during the install?"   :rasta:

Rides nice as-is... but I'll switch it as I would like to be able to reach the adjuster.  :homer:

Well, I was going to say, but I'm just too polite! (Ya bonehead........)

And I felt especially dumb, since I wrote about how good their instructions were...

I tend toward the meticulous, so it really bugged me that I put it on backwards. Then I found this photo of the bike when I got it - with the stock shock mounted backwards.

The PO had installed a shorter spring to lower the bike and must have reversed the shock during reinstall (FYI - reservoir was mounted under seat). I copied the incorrect orientation of the stock unit (without consulting the book).  I'll still fix it - but at least I feel a little better. Thanks again for calling attention to the error.  :thumbsup:

I suppose in Sir's defense: It could depend whether you'll need more frequent access to either the pre-load or rebound adjuster.  As one or the other will be niched up out the way between those air-box 'wings'.

P.s.  Them swingarm bolts love a bit of rust don't they?