speedo not at zero

terje_m

This might have been covered before, but my speedo starts at 20 km/h. It never returns to zero, and I always have to substract 20 to tell my speed. Not a big deal, just annoying in the long run. Any ideas? I replaced the cable with a new from TLM (angle drive replacement) but no difference (apart from a bit less wobbling. Now it only wobbles at speeds above the speed limit...;) )

• Like 1

I assume you have a stock speedometer ? If so , you need to find a speedo repair facility to recalibrate/repair it . Probably not cheap but you will be happy.

Just because its not returning to zero doesnt mean that speeds above what it rests at are all +20 klm/hour.

It may be reading as acuratly as is usual for a stock speedo but just no zeroing.

Does it start to read as soon as you begin moving, or do you need to get to approx 20kph berfor the needle moves? 

If the latter is the case then its a simple zeroing issue and all speeds above 20kph will read fine.

Ciao

Some of the Guzzi speedos have a mechanical stop at around 10, look closely at the face, does it have a small pin?

• 1 month later...

If you can get the bezzel off without breaking it remove the needle and set it back 20.

The needles are on a taper, it's best to remove them with a pointer puller but if it's not too tight a screwdriver on each side levering against the case.