V11 Recall

jsciullo

The swedish distributor is probably the worst distributor ever.

I tried to contact them sins my dealer could not get an answer in an other matter.

They told me never call here, because they never talk to to the end customer in a very rude way. :bbblll::bbblll::bbblll:

But sins I already was making problem for them I could ask them this, only this time and they said "they never heard about this recall"?? :moon:

Could you describe this a little bit closer please?

"I had them deglaze mine, fix a strip bolt, weld the oe crossover".

I love this forum. :wub:

Always a lot of skilled people that can answer tricky questions! :D

Best regards

Stefan

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My gearbox has been done and I really don't notice any difference. Coincidentally(?) my bike has developed an oil leak right afterwards at the front of the engine.

Another strange thing has happened. The Mechanic at the shop where I took my bike to, has the identical V11 as mine, including the Mistral crossover, pipes and airfilter mod. I got him to download his map into my powercommander and then dyno'd the bike with the pc hooked up and unhooked. HP was almost identical but the bike made 2lb ft more torque without the pc hooked up :huh2:

It's been suggested that my pc is knackered. I know the pc is out of warranty but anyone got any ideas on how much they charge to repair one? The bike runs fine without the pc hooked up.

My gearbox has been done and I really don't notice any difference. Coincidentally(?) my bike has developed an oil leak right afterwards at the front of the engine.

is the leak on the crankcase, where the engine number is?

I have to think now because the bike is in the shop :blink:

The numbers are on the side, correct?

My oil leak is from the generator/alternator cover on the front of the engine. Nothing major but it's still under warranty.

I let the shop know about a month ago and then I was on holidays for 3 weeks so the o-ring or seal was in and the bike should be ready.

"they never heard about this recall"?? :moon:

Could you describe this a little bit closer please?

"I had them deglaze mine, fix a strip bolt, weld the oe crossover".

If you need evidence that the recall exists, I think one could look at the US DOT website.

I don't know what they have in other countries.

Sweden is so known for legislating safety, I am sure you have rights to protect you.

Sorry to hear the distributor is such a jerk.

As for the other things I had done, the de-glazing just means sanding the clutch plate and fly wheel surfaces so that the plates grip like new.

While doing that, they can check for warpage, etc.

The other things that I had done are not relevant, other than that it gave them an opportunity to make money off of me while doing needed maintainance.

So both of us benefitted.

The engine oil drain plug was stripped(not by me, and my mechanic claimed not by him, so it must of been the factory! :mg: )

The Original Equipment (Genuine Guzzi) crossover had cracked where the pipe comes out going to the right muffler.

(that may have happened when I crashed on the left side... :homer: )

Thanks!

I have to take some of my bad experience with distrubutor back! :sun:

I talked to this wery nice man today that confirmed that my bike is part of the recall today! :doh:

So I'm very happy now that someone takes my worries seriously.

/Stefan

• 1 year later...
Thanks!

I have to take some of my bad experience with distrubutor back! :sun:

I talked to this wery nice man today that confirmed that my bike is part of the recall today! :doh:

So I'm very happy now that someone takes my worries seriously.

/Stefan

26597[/snapback]

I have to take everything I said earlier about the new dealer back because they still don't want to repair my bike even it is within the recall :(

I've been arguing for 1 year soon....HELP ME!! :huh2:

They think its not so important.

Is the recall of because of safety reasons?

I'm thinking of taking legal actions.

Is this (link below that i found) the same recall as my gearboxrecall or is there some other information about that somewhere else?

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems...lls/results.cfm

I have to take everything I said earlier about the new dealer back because they still don't want to repair my bike even it is within the recall :(

I've been arguing for 1 year soon....HELP ME!!  :huh2:

They think its not so important.

Is the recall of because of safety reasons?

I'm thinking of taking legal actions.

Is this (link below that i found) the same recall as my gearboxrecall or is there some other information about that somewhere else?

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems...lls/results.cfm

53666[/snapback]

It has been exactly a year since you last posted about it.

Your link did not work for me, but you probably have the right recall.

You should contact the vehicle safety authority of Sweden and they should be able to force Moto Guzzi Sweden to help you.

Make: MOTO GUZZI

Model: V11 SPORT

Type: ANY

Year: 2000

Recall Number: 03V486000

Summary:

ON CERTAIN MOTORCYCLES, THE GEARBOX SHIFT SLEEVES FOR ENGAGEMENT OF 3RD TO 6TH GEARS CAN FRACTURE UNEXPECTEDLY WHILE THE MOTORCYCLE IS IN USE.

Consequence:

SHOULD SUCH A FRACTURE OCCUR, THE MOTORCYCLE’S REAR WHEEL CAN SUDDENLY STOP TURNING OR “LOCK,” RESULTING IN A LOSS OF CONTROL OF THE MOTORCYCLE, WHICH COULD RESULT IN A CRASH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR DEATH.

Remedy:

DEALERS WILL INSTALL NEW, IMPROVED SHIFT RINGS AND A REDESIGNED CUSH-DRIVE ASSEMBLY. OWNER NOTIFICATION BEGAN DECEMBER 14, 2003. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT MOTO GUZZI AT 1-877-APRILIA (1-877-277-4542).

Guest Andrew

Great forum and seems to offer plenty of help, but unless I am mistaken, there are now two topics for the one issue - the recall for the sliding sleeves, so I am going to have spread my message...

I have a 2001 V11 LeMans which had the relevant sliding sleeve fragment a couple of weeks ago. Fortunately no damage to the gearbox, but my frame number is OUTSIDE the recall range and so the distributor in Australia doesn't want to know about it.

Has anyone else had this problem anywhere (actual breakage but outside the range)? :angry:

Has anyone in Australia had this problem?

Is this one of the joys of owning a Moto Guzzi?

Cheers

Andrew :mg:

Only the KR and KS types are affected. In detail, frame numbers ZGUKR0000XM111112-ZGUKR00001M114639, ZGUKS00001M111111-ZGUKS00001M111147, ZGUKS00001M211111-ZGUKS00001M211162 are affected. Your Rosso Corsa is probably a ZGUKT...., so no problem.

Holger

23050[/snapback]

Back Again!

If refer to the information you gave me dlaing (thx).

I'm still a little confused. is that really the same recall as this in the quote above?

On the DOT website i can't find my frame number:

(swedish dot is not responsible for collecting or maintaining any recall information!)

ZGUKR00001M114406 is my no. and it's in the quote above!

/Stefan

Stephan-

It sounds like your # is in the range- try presenting the recall notice to your dealer (be polite) and request that he order the necessary parts. When or if they refuse, contact MG of Sweden, and the Swedish Dept. of Transportation. Record the date and a summary of every converstation regarding this.

Andrew-

I haven't heard of any gearboxes outside the range detonating like yours. Like, Stephan- contact MG of Australia and maybe you can wing the parts out of them?

Stefan,

Sorry, I think I advised you before that you were probably in the group of problematic bikes.

According to this PDF, your bike appears to be one built before the bad ones were built.

GuzziRecall.pdf

But if Holger's information is true, than you need the recall work done.