jsciullo

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:o

Anyone replace their clutch while they were in there working on the tranny recall?

I am thinking of replacing the clutch while I have the tranny out. I've got 26K on the bike. Any thoughts?

Is there a bonded clutch available for the 00 V11 Sport?

Tom :nerd:

Guest oldtoolie

I've just had my recall done at Three Cross in the UK. I had to take it to them and was charged for the oil when I picked it up.

The next day they called to announce that mistakes had been made... and I shouldn't ride it. Seems they used silver bolts to attach the output shaft to the drive shaft. The bolts should be black. :homer: So they sent a van to collect and return it. And now the bolts are black.

Not exactly confidence inspiring but I'm back on the road.

Guest rotorhead

Dropped off the steed last Thursday at the dealership in Woodstock, GA, also home of MGNA....Parts were in last Tuesday but the dealer hasn't even touched it yet. It would seem the smaller, faster to complete services that bring in the money go to the front of the line or at least thats what the service manager eluded to. It also looks like this is the one and only recall that this dealership is/will be working :( I get to be the guniea pig and that makes me mildly nervous but my recourse is limited I suppose.

Wish me luck and lets keep our fingers crossed that I'll get it back before June!!

Sheesh!

Keith :huh2:

:bbblll::bbblll::bbblll::bbblll::bbblll::bbblll::bbblll::bbblll::bbblll:

I'm super-pi$$ed right now! As many of you know, my V11S is currently in pieces while having some work done. It is at the dealer where I bought it, but this dealer is no longer an "authorized" dealer, so they can't do the recall work.

However, the gearbox is already off the bike, so I figured it would be no problem to take it to an "authorized" shop to have the recall done. So, I called up the service dept. at Ferracci, and they told me that MG "won't allow" them to do the job if I simply bring the gearbox to them... they need the whole bike! What the F#(%!?!

I would have figured that this would have been the perfect job for them... they don't need to tear the bike down, and yet they would probably still get full credit from MGNA for the recall work. :huh2:

I love the work that Ferracci does... I've taken my Ducati there for service and I've been very happy. However, it's this BS customer service that makes my blood absolutely boil. Dammit. :moon:

Sorry for the rant.

Sorry to hear about the catch-22 via Ferraci, but it's not their fault(not to say that's what you meant ^_^ ).

This is very similar to the experience I had the Winter of 2002/03 during my "hot engine, won't idle" problem. Moto Italiano had the bike two different times for 3 or so months total, but couldn't get it to run. They swapped out the ECU per MGNA's "we give up, give it a new computer" theory, but that was about it.

I had suggested double-checking valve lash(which is what it turned out to be), but Moto Italiano told me that they could only perform work that was preauthorized by MGNA because MGNA would only pay the shop for that work. If they tried to do any significant troubleshooting or investigative work on their own, MGNA would refuse to pay. And the big catch-22 here was that MGNA often would take a day or three to return the service call from their service contacts. So a repair that might take a day, might drag out for a week. :wacko:

I can see this from both the dealer(customer) and MGNA perspective in regards to controlling costs, and keeping warantee work performed via standard procedure, but sometimes.... <_>

Yes it is frustrating, and I think MGNA needs to revisit this policy so that in some cases there is an "appeal" process such that in the end the customer is served, and maybe even MGNA might save some $$(as in your case Jason).

*sigh* :unsure:

al

anyone had the recall work done yet.  how does it ride?  scre

I've only done a couple of hundred miles since the work was done, but the gearbox and cush-drive definitely feel better. I was shown the original parts - inc.conrods and bolts - removed from my 1999 V11 and there wasn't any undue wear or damge after 31,000 miles use.

• 1 month later...
Guest odyssey986

What model years are effected by the recall?

I'm buying a leftover 2003 Le Mans Rosso Corsa, do I need to be concerned about this?

Only the KR and KS types are affected. In detail, frame numbers ZGUKR0000XM111112-ZGUKR00001M114639, ZGUKS00001M111111-ZGUKS00001M111147, ZGUKS00001M211111-ZGUKS00001M211162 are affected. Your Rosso Corsa is probably a ZGUKT...., so no problem.

Holger

• 1 month later...

My bike goes in for the gearbox recall this week, I was wondering what happens to the parts that were replaced. I am thinking of keeping mine, maybe make something out of it, has anybody done the same.

Can someone help me to translate if my framnumber is one in the KR serie for the gearboxrecall?

The X is confusing me a bit.

My frameno. is ZGUKR00001M114406 (recall serie ZGUKR0000XM111112 - ZGUKR00001M114639) My bike is a Rosso Mandello -01

To me it looks like its time for the shop....again :(

Is there anyone that can give me information if my bike is maby recalled for other work?

I have asked my dealer in Sweden but the say they never heard of any recall at all. (they are not intressted at all:( ).

:luigi::drink::luigi:

Guest RaStiS

I have a V11 Rosso Mandello I understand these have been recalled but I have moved interstate and need a authorized repairer in the Sydney area of Oz.

Can anyone give me a name please..... :huh:

The X is confusing me a bit.

My frameno. is ZGUKR00001M114406

The X confuses me too, but with better than 99% certainty, you need the recall work done.

Do have them check the clutch while in there.

I had them deglaze mine, fix a strip bolt, weld the oe crossover, and do oil changes and some spline and shaft lubing.

It cost an extra $200, but it made them happier to perform the under payed labor.

If they still give you grief, contact their distributor and they should be able to verify that you are entitled to have the job completed.

It took me three months to get the parts and three weeks for the labor to be completed.... :mg: