MotoLights

Guest chong-chong

Guest chong-chong

Thought I'd finally post some pictures of my MotoLights. I've had them on my bike for about 3 months now. I'd say I use them about 80% percent of the time I'm riding. My battery is holding up fine. I really like how they "fill-out" the road. Here are some stats:

1. (2) 35 Watt Halogen Bulbs

2. Has its own wiring harness with relay and fuse.

3. Relay is wired to the tail light, so when I turn the ignition key off, the lights turn off.

5. They are mounted to the brake caliper.

6. Housings are brushed Aluminum and are nicely sealed from water.

Forgive the dirtybike; the camera really brings out the grime.

post-5-1075015857_thumb.jpg

Very neat! :thumbsup:

Nice looking setup, but I'd still be concerned about the draw, especially in combination with any heated gear... since in my mind this would be a great touring solution, and that and night time are often in conjunction with trying to stay warm ^_^

Do you have any experience with these lights and other accessories running at the same time??

al

The power for the tail light also powers the instrument lights and the small 'city light' in the headlamp shell. Current flows through Fuse 6 ( 5 amp) and the ignition switch.

Certainly a good idea to keep an eye on the fuse. The bulbs on the stock circuit are 11.4 watts so only pull less than an amp but the 70 watts of auxiliary light pull 5.8 amps.

Just for the peace of mind of the ignition switch, a dedicated hot to the relay would be good medicine. Check out the junction blocks:

Relay failures ( junction blocks)

Great looking lights!

Guest captain nemo

Chong-Chong,

Are you a part of the Japanese Tenni club? Just wondering. Your lights look great. Good thinking! :thumbsup::mg:

Guest chong-chong
Very neat!  :thumbsup:

Nice looking setup, but I'd still be concerned about the draw, especially in combination with any heated gear... since in my mind this would be a great touring solution, and that and night time are often in conjunction with trying to stay warm  ^_^ 

Do you have any experience with these lights and other accessories running at the same time??

al

No, I haven't ran any gear (heated grips, etc.) with my setup. From what I've read on various forums, the V11 LeMans charging system is lacking. I think I'm pushing it as it is with my added lights. If I decided to add another electric powered accessory, I would definately get my calculator out and see if my system could handle it. Too bad someone doesn't make an upgraded alternator for the LeMans. :huh2:

Dan

Guest chong-chong
The power for the tail light also powers the instrument lights and the small 'city light' in the headlamp shell. Current flows through Fuse 6 ( 5 amp) and the ignition switch.

Certainly a good idea to keep an eye on the fuse. The bulbs on the stock circuit are 11.4 watts so only pull less than an amp but the 70 watts of auxiliary light pull 5.8 amps.

Just for the peace of mind of the ignition switch, a dedicated hot to the relay would be good medicine. Check out the junction blocks:

Relay failures ( junction blocks)

Great looking lights!

Thanks for the info. :thumbsup: I'll keep an eye on the fuse.