Newcomer with questions

devonrider

I bought the Tenni new, so I wouldn't have known of the flywheel issue. I sold it and re- purchased it again and knew fully well what I was getting into. In my case, since I had sold it to a friend who treated it gently as I had, I felt comfortable enough to ride it (only had 11000 mi) for awhile till I could replace the clutch, which i have yet to do. Consensus here and other forums, I believe will indicate... 1. There is a good chance the alm flywheel will eventually break. and 2. The dual plate with steel flywheel is reliable. Conversions can and have been done, revealing both cracked, and undamaged alm flywheels. If the bike you're getting is "special" to you, and the price reflects the issue, AND you're willing to gamble and/or replace, then go for it. If not, there are plenty other sport/lemans out there with the dual plate clutch/steel flywheel.

Keep in mind, the Alm flywheel is not guaranteed to break, but something you do not want to happen as you ride. 

My advice to a friend would be to replace the aluminum flywheel at some point.

As far as I know the single plater is in the Tenni, Scura, and Rosso Mandello. Which one are you looking at? Miles, history, etc. Tell us more. Got a photo? Even the Griso??

welcome btw