Tachometer stopped

Salva

Sorry if out of topic, my tach did stop working today. I checqued found wires and everything seems ok.

Since I live in Southernmost Chile and my bike is the only one V11 in the whole country, no way to get spares here. Do you know where can I find a replacement?

Thanks

Salva

New topic to help Salva, in Chile, fix or find a tachometer - early white face Veglia.

Salvo, Check to see that all of your lights are working: headlight, brakelight, instrument lights and also the horn.

The tach has a counterweight that typically comes loose.  If you can get the bezel off, you can epoxy the weight back into place.

You should hear the counterweight rattling around. If you don't hear rattling, it might be a broken winding- pretty difficult to fix but either way you've got nothing to lose but time and frustration.   

There is a step by step with photos in the Wild Guzzi forum.  

first remove the tach from the bike.

The short of it:  

1 use a hose clamp to grab the tach;

2 pry the bezel with a sharpened paint can opener by slowly prying around the edge all the way around;

3 if you break the glass (I did) you can go to glass shop and have a new one cut out;

4 examine the metal winding, if they've come apart you might have a slight chance to solder it;  

5 hopefully the counterweight is the only problem and the can be epoxied back on (easiest part of the job);

6 use liquid soap or vaseline to get the bezel back on over the rubber seal (hardest part of the job).

Good luck.  It's possible since I did it on my EV.