A HUGE "Thank You" to all contributors on TB Sync and TPS Adj.

sdhow

Just want to thank all the posters on here who shared their invaluable insight regarding sync'ing the throttle bodies and fine tuning the bike.  The PO of my V11 had f'ed with every possible setting he could get his fingers on after gooping RTV all over the cracked intake boots didn't make the bike run any better.  Man, I now know what you guys mean when you say these things "idle like a purring kitten and pull like a freight train off the line"!

A question to throw out there...I know the factory provided a different ECU with the Ti exhaust kit, or had the dealer re-flash the original ECU.  I've replaced the Al silencers with the factory carbon fiber units used on the Rosso Mandello and Tenni models.  Should I do anything with the ECU?

So the Ti silencers are pretty much gutted glasspacks with a lightweight shell?

That's a good description! Even then, the standard ECU map runs them just fine. With a proper tune!

• 3 weeks later...

I know the relief when the bike finally runs like you imagined it would. At times it seemed hopeless.

I tore my hair out for almost a year before really "getting it".

Like Italian women, they need attention to run properly......but when "in tune", there is nothing like them.

Hi 

The TI exhausts are completely different to the stock ones. There was an ECU supplied with them to suit. you can load this data in any 15M ECU in case of need. 

The carbon cans from the Rosso Mandello are stock cans underneath the carbon wraps. (as czakky told you). No need to use them performance wise. 

• 1 month later...