neutral switch and hello from new member

malengi

Tilt the bike and remove the switch. You will see what the switch is actuated by.

What can you see, looking into that hole for the switch?

Is the switch a real switch, does it make a snapping noise when you press on the tip?

This type would be all metal from the tip to the thread,

or

Is it just a spring loaded contact that touches the bump on the selector cog?

This type would have an insulator at the tip like a spark plug.

Perhaps the gasket is too thick and it's not actuating far enough.

Don't you have the old one you can diss-assemble?

Just confirmed relay is working by the following method. Took switch out . Attatched to it's wire touched plunger to exhaust very gently and got green light and fuel pump start with click in the third relay . Depressed switch plunger while still touching exhaust and got second click and loss off green light Repeated several times with same result. At the moment I am leaning towards some mechanical malfunction in the gear box.

This almost sounds backwards to me?

Sorry, I haven't inspected one of these, the last one I worked on was a simple brass strip.

Thanks all . I seem to have it sorted . This bike is multiple owner with no service history but at a good price. It seems the old owner(s) had taken out any washers as the switch got older to try and make a connection. Just spent some time judiciously filing brass washers to get the ideal space and that seems to have done the trick.

And Kiwi Roy this trick I just sorted for the manometer may be of interest to you as I was following your instructions.  I found the thread pitch on the grease nipple to be wrong here in Japan, so I had to come up with some other method. Bought some nail type concrete anchors in stainless steel, pulled out the nail and had a ready made hole with the bonus that the hoses could be kept further away from the heads. Seems to work well.

I hated my first post just being a cry for help so wanted to give something back. This is truly a great forum and the bikes can be truly exasperating. That is when I haven't got the ear to ear grin on my face from riding it!

I hated my first post just being a cry for help so wanted to give something back. This is truly a great forum and the bikes can be truly exasperating. That is when I haven't got the ear to ear grin on my face from riding it!

Just try not to have that shit-eating grin displayed for your visit before the judge!

The V11 is reminiscent of a phrase I discovered on some ceramic brake pads for my BMW ///M roadster:

"Entwickelt Für Fahren Ohne Geschindigkeitsbegrendzung"

("Designed For Driving Without Speed Limit") :race::o