Rare blue Tenni!

toofat2fly

There it is, ultra rare blue 2002 V11 Tenni. You can tell it's a 2002 since the paint is bubbling... This was the last time it bubbled.

lvv.jpg

​​

lss.jpg

Since I did not pull the motor, I kept it rather simple.

Home depot premium stripper, brushed on and rinsed with water. Had to do it 3 times to get the "goo" off.

I used a small (toothbrush size) steel brush to clean surfaces as well as scraped the most stubborn chucks with a small screwdriver.

Spray painted with Harley engine paint.

The stripper does not clean it 100%, I would say about 95 is closer. You could try to strip it more than the 3 times I did... It might come clean, Mine had still some residue spots, no solid paint, just some annoying black spots, I was going to paint it black, so the 95% was fine.
Harley paint was 24.99, so tax definately included.

Did it strip it well enough to use a standard (non-textured) paint? I like the finish on the 2003 and later engines. Of course, that would mean painting the transmission, and probably the final drive at the same time.

I would say yes. The Harley paint is not wrinkle paint, (they did have that one too). Its called "Texture", same HD uses on new models.

Thanks - I'm going to be experimenting with some VHT satin black engine case paint on my BMW soon.