EICMA 2016

docc

EICMA in Milan has long been a place that Moto Guzzi teases us with tempting siren songs of Moto Guzzis to come. I have a picture cut from a magazine of the black, RedFrame V11 sport they showed in 1997. It was 2000 before I could get mine!

What siren song will they sing to us this year? There has been no LeMans since 2004 . . .

I guess they went almost 20 years between LeMans (1992-2002) the last time, so maybe we're not yet due . . .

100th Anniversary LeMans? :mg:

I lusted for the Ippogriffo for several years. Never happened. I've heard rumors of a new LeMans from a couple of creditable sources. I'll believe it when I see one. :oldgit:  :)  

Moto Guzzi, admittedly, has a really nice line of motorbikes right now, from a whole series of excellent V7, now the delightfully finished V9, Stelvio, Norge, and a whole passel of 1400 cruisers. I suppose the Griso represents the sport-oriented big block?

Curious how we used to speak of ranges of Guzzi by their frames: Carcano's loop frame, Tonti's  . . . uh, Tonti frame, and the SpineFrame. Since then, no one seems to be focused on the frame anymore.

*Maybe* what Guzzi "needs" is the next generation sporting frame for the modern bigblock. B)

And that 3 cylinder diesel military bike that will replace both the Stelvio and my Jeep wrangler . . . :o

• 2 weeks later...

With EICMA coming up soon, and no way I can get there, I hope this thread will be a good place to post your experiences, and links, and photos/videos of the 2016 EICMA in Milan. :mg:

, Stelvio, Norge, and  the Griso represents the sport-oriented big block?

I thought all CARC bikes are discontinued?

No idea. No more Stelvio, Norge, or Griso? :huh2:

(I've not been a CARC fan. Just the visual mass, I suppose.)

At the 2016 Eicma we're probably gonna see the V7III, an upgraded motor now compliant with the EURO4 regulation and probably some minor esthetic  changes and the instrument cluster more similar to the V9 with the improved connectivity.

As it appear the V7 racer will probably be discontinued but a new V9 racer will be introduced on the market and showed at the EICMA too.

Some Piaggio/Guzzi chief in one of the latest interviews said Guzzi's fan are going to see lot of new/upgraded models but no more than one or two per year due to budget problems (it seems Guzzi is selling good all over the world, Piaggio is doing great in the far east but Aprilia is struggling worldwide, it seems all the "Aprilia racing division" and the RSV4 originated from that program is not selling well and the engineering and production costs are too high for this kind of models.

• Like 1

No, I think Guzzi is developing a new engine for the next Stelvio, Griso, Norge, Bellagio, (Breva?) platform.

By the way a V9 scrambler will be done soon.

P.S.

The name Stelvio will be used for the new Alfa Romeo SUV due to a gentlemen agreement so probably the next Guzzi's ADV bike will have a different name.

• Like 1

The news feeds I could find did not show anything very exciting for Moto Guzzi. :huh:

Anyone actually get there and find some excitement at this year's EICMA?