Where's my ball?

stewgnu

I think the clicker out of a Bic pen is about the right size.

You used to be able to buy the microswitches at Radio Shack, they come with a lever and roller attached but that's easily rid of.

Heh! I must've spent a good ten fruitless minutes on hands and knees, conk six inches from the floor & muttering foul foul language, before realising i was in a public area...

I've come to regularly check the functioning of the rear light as mine, like cash1000's, does snag up occasionally. Imagine getting rear-ended on a bike... *shudder*.

Thats a funky tip. ^

I measured the 'ole diameter at 5.3mm (could only find some 6mm bearings in the bitsbox, natch).

So for now there's a length of 4mm passivated rod in there.

Checked lights over the other day and found brake/tail light on all the time. Ending up finding the ball bearing we speak of here was missing. Replaced but when reassembling I lost one of the nuts that holds the microswitch on. I dropped it landed on left foot and where to from there? Marty good idea to use a magnet.

the simple thing is to loosen the switch and slide it until the brake light functions properly.  Then tighten it up when it's in place.  

Don't take it apart.  Don't unplug the switch.  Don't take the nuts completely off.  Don't drop the ball bearing.  

I won't tell you how I know what not to do.  I  won't tell you how I know that you can find that dang ball bearing at Ace Hardware.