New tires

Colorobo

I just saw those three B.A.T. cars at The Frist Museum in Nashville.     A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E-L-Y      S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G  !!!!   :food:

250px-BATcars.jpg

Wow,. were they touring or is that where they live? I saw BAT 7 hanging in a guy's shop in South Bend IN in 1988. Yes, Hanging! Friend of a friend. He finally sold it years later to someone in California, where it was restored. I'd LOVE to see them in person.

Apologies for the segue, but that can happen to tire threads! (And it's okay! :grin: )

The B.A.T. Alfas were exhibited at the second automobile exhibit in Nashville's Frist Museum for the Visual Arts as their piece de resistance.

I have seen pictures of these cars since I was a little kid, but was not prepared for their *presence!*  I tried to take some pictures, but they just don't show the intensity and quality.

Yet, those words don't show measure to the  :notworthy:  *je ne sais quois*

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/11-cars-see-bellissima-italian-automotive-renaissance-exhibit/

• Like 1

Tire thread... :!:  I spotted some tires in the Museum of Modern Art (MoMa) in New York City last Saturday. They were sitting under this E-Type Jaguar. IMO, one of the most beautiful production cars ever.

IMG_7667.jpg

I think I see my V11's tail back there....

Also on display:

• Several original Vincent Van Gogh's, including Starry Night,
  • Andy Warhol's works including the original Campbell's Soups and pastel Marilyn Monroe
  • Almost a roomful of original Pablo Picasso's, including many pre-cubesent works, which showed that he could paint and draw realistically when he chose to
  • Loads of other interesting stuff... and nice way to spend a snowy day in the "Big Apple."
  • Like 1