Ti exhaust

BigBlock

No problem Marty, when I hooked up Guzzidiag to the bike, the CO was set at -67.  The bike ran alright but setting it at 0 made a huge improvement.  Docc's post on a Decent Tuneup got me to check the CO setting using Guzzidiag.

Big Block- While at this years Southern Spine Raid we check the CO level on my bike.  Showed a +10 and I still get 41-42MPG so dont be afraid to go just a tad on the rich side.  These big bore twins like the fuel!  I have a stock air box, K&N filter, Stucchi cross over (Thanks Ken!), and Mistral carbon cans that may or may not have the db inserts depending on my mood. :race:

I'm currently running +20. 0 was definitely too lean on the Mighty Scura. When Ichecked it the first time, it was +40. (!) When riding season gets here, I'll try going a little leaner..

Im at +20 and no air temp at the mo... best its ever ran, tho with air temp censer in hanging loose as I have pods, the censer was 43* so the bike would lean out, gave me a massive power spike but I was worried it was to lean still.

Ill extend the air temp and hide it under the seat when I get a chance... and Marty SHIT sorry forgot I still have ya laptop, im away this weekend at a rally down south please rark me up to return it.

Im at +20 and no air temp at the mo... best its ever ran, tho with air temp censer in hanging loose as I have pods, the censer was 43* so the bike would lean out, gave me a massive power spike but I was worried it was to lean still.

Ill extend the air temp and hide it under the seat when I get a chance... and Marty SHIT sorry forgot I still have ya laptop, im away this weekend at a rally down south please rark me up to return it.

DD, Would you like me to make you a sensor that can slip into one of the pods?

It may run OK now with it unplugged, but that just means that the current ECU programming is not right. As the air temp changes, the ECU needs to know about it. Normally that air sensor affects the ECU output of both fuel and ignition advance.

It will cost about $2 for me to make a sensor to fit into your pod filter. Then maybe you can adjust the CO trim to suit, so I can get my laptop back.  :glare:

BB, as for comparing fuel trim on your bike with a standard bike, keep in mind that DD's bike has Meinolf's #42 .BIN file loaded into the ECU, which is lots richer than the Ti ECU. And he has done things to improve airflow, meaning that more fuel was needed.

You can adjust fuel delivery with CO trim, or get serious with TunerPro and GuzziDiag.

Maybe Meinolf could have better advice if you ask him.   

Air Intake Sensor.jpg

When I got my bike the Ti CO trim was set to +15. DD got a 2nd hand Ti ECU from Scud, and it was set at +48. So who knows what was standard.

Czakky's advice about finishing the basic tune-up first before adjusting CO trim is wise.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19652&hl=%2Bfuel+%2Btrim&do=findComment&comment=214563

I just did the v11Lemans.com Decent Tune up prior to the install of the Ti pipes, that was with the Stainetune pipes with db killers out. Should I do it again with the Ti pipes and ECU that are installed now.

Just want to thank you guys for all your help. :thumbsup: