bar end mirrors for v11

scre103

was at the chicago bike show this weekend and saw bar end mirrors on a bmw. i think the name was rsg? (help me out here). will they fit a v11 sport 2001? or are the napolens the way to go as mentioned in the previous post. does anyone have a website for the napoleons? thanks scre

Yes, the CRGs can be fitted to the Sport. You can either purchase their universal mount which replaces the bar end weight ( be sure to add weight up inside the clip-on if you go this way , to damp vibration) or the stock bar end weights can be machined to take the mirrors ( as shown).

Note that beginning in 2002 the stock barend weights rotate in the clip-on and will NOT hold the mirror in place.

Also realize the CRG are like the wide angle back up mirrors attached to large truck mirrors. The Napoleans are much better for actually seeing anything.

barends.JPG

I think bar-end mirrors look really :bbblll: 

but that just my opinion.  :blush:

I'm a big fan of bar-end mirrors, but I'm not a fan of using two of them. I use a single CRG on my Monster and I think it looks great - I can see better with that one CRG than I could with both stock mirrors combined (elbows).

For some reason, when you put a bar-end mirror on both sides, it looks wierd to me. Not sure why. :huh2:

I would have put a CRG on the Guzzi, but I have the Magni fairing which has it's own mirros that I sort of like.

cockpit_side.jpg

I think bar-end mirrors look really :bbblll:

but that just my opinion. :blush:

Fortunately, Goran, I'll always be well behind you on the roadways so my ugly bike won't distract you.

Wait up for me at the cafe. :bier:

I've had the CRGs on my Sport for about a year.Initially they took some getting used to (and the view wasnt too great), but I guess Ive adapted to them now and feel comfortable w/ the view.

BTW, I tried to mount a set of Napoleons but the wouldnt fit into my V11 Sport's clip-ons. What was I doing wrong?

Also check out www.motostrano.com for other mirrors and clip ons. They are a SF Bay Area (CA) store that caters primarily to the Ducati crowd. Good customer service. :rasta: Joe

I think the CRGs can be checked out at the Construction Racing Group site...

I'm a big fan of bar-end mirrors, but I'm not a fan of using two of them.

For some reason, when you put a bar-end mirror on both sides, it looks wierd to me. Not sure why.

I have CRG's on my Stone and I love them. They work great as far as I'm concerned.

I agree that two mirrors looks funky, but WA law requires two, so I found a solution. CRG makes two sizes of mirrors, the normal and a mini "blind-spot" mirror. I put the normal on my left and the mini on my right. I think it looks pretty good that way.

back.JPG

BTW, I tried to mount a set of Napoleons but the wouldnt fit into my V11 Sport's clip-ons. What was I doing wrong?

IMO Napoleons look the best by countrymile. Besides they're exact copy of classic bar end mirrors, especially Italian.

Because of their weight these are the only mirrors which effectively kill vibration too.

To mount them I asked my friendly machinist to cut a thread directly in the moddle of removable, stock end weights. Next I asked him to cut a 1/2 inch deep slot inside the weight to acommodate the Napoleon "insert". The mirrors simply bolt directly to so modyfied bar end weights; of course you discard all the expandable part of mirror mounting assembly.

Because of their weight these are the only mirrors which effectively kill vibration too.

The Napoleans are larger and heavier so I'm sure they damp the vibration more. But the little CRGs also cut the vibration significantly.

Part of this may be simply removing the stalk mirrors. I wonder how much their additional moment arm amplifies the vibration.