Trans recall

emason

Anyone know when the next set of parts for the V11 Sport transmission recall Might be sent out?

Around the begining of January my dealer calls and says to bring in my '00 V11 Sport for the transmission recall. He says that MGNA wants these things done quickly. Well, I finally got it to him the other day (he's a couple hundred miles away). He then tells me that he can't get the parts from MG, they're back ordered. He has a couple of V11's sitting there waiting for the same thing. Anyone know what the story is? They want these recall repairs made soon but don't have the parts? I know they got some parts in for a few of the recall jobs but can't get more.

Guest ckknives

That is good to hear. I only hope it will reduce the estimated two to three months that the dealer stated was his best guess at scheduling my repair.

Guest rotorhead

I recieved my letter in November and have been waiting ever since....funny thing is my dealer and I live only a stones throw from MGNA and we might as well be a million miles away!! I am going to call the dealer tommorrow and see whats what....if they were shipped on the 12th then in should only take a week or so to go two miles, HA.

I just got my V11 back from the shop. Had them put in a PCIII and check a transmission seal that was sweating. It was still under warranty so MGNA decided immediately to do the tranny mods since they had to pay to fix the seal. 3 days later it was done. The tranny feels MUCH smoother and shifts MUCH better than it ever did. Rode it for only a day's worth of insurance but it felt great!

I don't know how many bikes out there are still under warranty but if so, check your seals. A leak might get you some attention from MGNA and boost you to the front of the line.

It was nice to get it done so fast, but I really didn't want to be the first one the local shop did! I am confident in these guys though...

I would guess that parts are available somewhere if they were able to get it done so fast for my bike.

cheers,

Ryan

I'm still waiting for Munroe to get the parts in. I need new tires, so maybe if I buy some tires from my dealer and have them install them, they'll get a move on and do my recall work while it's there. Who knows.

I'm also on the fourth week of waiting on the decision of whether or not they will warranty my bent sidestand.

MGNA waranteed every thing I asked for in my three year warranty. Of course, there was that one thing I had to ask for eighty times . . .

Guest captain nemo

I just read 8 posts, and only one of them indicated where they live in their profile. I don't know, it seems too anonymous and uninteresting when you know absolutely nothing about the poster. Half the interest for me is knowing this in order to see what is happening elsewhere - what the dealership might be like - what the local guzzi scene is like - who's getting parts, etc. Wildguzzi is a good example of most of the posters developing some sort of personality. I think it's a good thing, of course I'm also always on the verge of being banned on any European board I visit. I think they don't tolerate opinions well - they've all been trained to never rock the boat.

I just read 8 posts, and only one of them indicated where they live in their profile.

Mea culpa! Captain, after yet another software update somehow the old "location-trigger" got lost. The reason some still have it (like you) is that they have filled out the new and obligatory location field while registering or amending their profile.

I'm also always on the verge of being banned on any European board I visit. I think they don't tolerate opinions well - they've all been trained to never rock the boat.

It would be too easy for me to just say: "why are you still here then?" but I am tempted. <_ captain two threads closed because you and others exceeded the rules. that it now bashing europeans in general why>

Guest captain nemo

Well, actually I don't include the British Isles with 'European.' They seem more 'American' to me. I am speaking primarily of Germany and surrounding countries. These 'Europeans' have been raised with a high degree of 'political correctness' and 'sensitivity training.' A German has got to be very careful of the thought police, and that feminine attitude is everywhere in Europe. Very feminine to an American. Too much concern about someone being offended. Even here we are constantly being retrained by women and their allies to never say anything that could possibly offend anyone. I resist it - and go out of my way to protect this last area of free speech - by being offensive at times.

This is a motorcycle forum. Ok, it's about Guzzis - I guess that is a tractor/motorcycle hybrid. Anyway, it is viewed by men. Why would anybody worry about what one man says to another? - What one guy in a garage says in the hearing of a bunch of other guys working on bikes? There is nothing that I could say that reflects on this forum or the people reading it. I am just a lone wolf - nothing of a threat to anybody. I think it is more interesting when a person can say whatever he feels like. Sometimes the news makes such comments pretty inevitable. It is not like we are a church club that meets together often and eats dinner. Chances are I'll never meet most - or maybe any of you.

I like a little flavor with my information. That is fun to me. If I just wanted pure facts, I would buy a shop manual or interface with some sort of software. What is the fun of that? Why do you get upset when I speak of American politics with others? Don't you find that interesting? I would love to hear what 'Europeans' think about ANYTHING - but they keep it all to themselves. I think this is programmed into them.