Carbon v11 tail

Paul Minnaert

I had it longer in my mind, but now I have a scura, it had to be done. I got a carbon version of my tailsection. It's still unfinished, and has to get a clear coat. If it's interesting to sell, I don't know, it's quite a bit more expensive than the other version. You don't have the hassle( and costs) to get it painted the right color. Only a clear coat. Let me know what you think.

Or view full size pictures in my webalbum:

My Webalbum

The brake and rear light is combined. It lights stonger when braking. The brake light is strong, I've checked with a feind, driving behind me. No problem. And for Europe, it has the E numbers so it's a tested & allowed device. They won't give it that stamp if the light is too weak.

I have been interested in your tail :D for a while,but have the same concern about visibility.Especially when I get the H&B brackets and bags installed.

I have yet to find it listed on theTeo Lamers site.(I have trouble there anyway)Could someone tell me in USA dollars how much the tail is and approximate cost of painting to match the red and grey Lemans. :helmet:

J.R. in NC

The TLM site is not very userfriendly:-) just send a mail to parts@tlm.nl you get an awnser right away. You can pay with credit card. Or goto:

tlm parts catalog

and click part number, fill in: 015731350099 and see the result, you can order there too.

price is 377 euro = +/- 483 us $ ex tax.

carbon1.jpg

Wow that looks good... really liked the seat on the TlM special but somehow it´s even better on the scura!!

as for the light i saw it on the TLM bike and that´s enough light... some of the japanese bikes have led lights on them so i guess that´s safe!

CIao

Jap

• 1 year later...
I had it longer in my mind, but now I have a scura, it had to be done. I got a carbon version of my tailsection. It's still unfinished, and has to get a clear coat. If it's interesting to sell, I don't know, it's quite a bit more expensive than the other version. You don't have the hassle( and costs) to get it painted the right color. Only a clear coat. Let me know what you think.

18352[/snapback]

Honestly, it's great except for two (o.k., 2.5!) problems:

1) It doesn't do anything the eliminate the Guzzi fugly "beetle butt;" in fact, it only makes it worse.

2) It would be better if the turn signals were integrated into the tailsection too; I mean after all, isn't a more aerodynamic-looking tail end what you're going after here?

2.5) Ex$pen$e. Hey, I realize that small production run items like this cost money. If the price was less, more would sell, that's all I'm saying. :homer:

[Yeah, yeah, I know: nobody cares about my opinion on #1, after all, I'm the little boy who keeps pointing out "the emperor is naked!" wrt the ugliness of the Centauro, which nobody seems to want to hear about either...] ^_^

What I'd really like to see would be a tail section that had more of the profile from the Sporti or Daytona RS that would fit on our V11ses. :thumbsup:

I agree about integrating the rear turn signals. Theres probably an aftermarket solution to that though. I'd really like a carbon rear cowl to go with that tail also, the red oem cowl would probably look good too though. Once I get the integrated rear turn signals I'm getting rid of the front ones.

You can buy a tail piece with integrated indiactors from the Firestarter Garage.

Here it is- and you can use the seat hump too:

http://rmcube.abd.it/RMcube/servlet/contro...deObject=VR1002

Edited- sorry they are integrated stop lights not indicators- its late here and my brain is frazzled.

Guy :helmet:

Edited by Guzzirider

You can buy a tail piece with integrated indiactors from the Firestarter Garage.

Here it is- and you can use the seat hump too:

http://rmcube.abd.it/RMcube/servlet/contro...deObject=VR1002

Edited- sorry they are integrated stop lights not indicators- its late here and my brain is frazzled.

Guy  :helmet:

59971[/snapback]

Wow! Talk about "beetle butt!" Now someone's even adopted the "false eyes" protective coloration scheme so popular in bugdom! :D

Actually, this could work pretty well to integrate the turn signals, if they used clear lenses and a mix of red LEDs (both sides light simultaneously) for brakes and yellow LEDs (sides light individually) for turn indicators.

Hmmm... :nerd::luigi:

I still think I'd rather have the carbon fiber tail even though its more money. I suppose the fender eliminator with led turn signals would look pretty good with it. I'd like to have my bike customized by next riding season (pending finances). I just gotta get one of those bike of the month stickers too :D:mg::notworthy::thumbsup:

Well, an old topic came up:-)

The thing with the carbon tails is that I don't offer them anymore, only on request.

Why? The ones made weren't up to the expectations from the buyers. The carbon finish wasn't smooth enough. I do this because I hope people are happy with it, else it doesn't make sense. I don't get rich from them, the money goes in other peoples pockets.

The glassfiber version stays in production, it's in stock at TLM.

Well, an old topic came up:-)

The thing with the carbon tails is that I don't offer them anymore, only on request.

Why? The ones made weren't up to the expectations from the buyers. The carbon finish wasn't smooth enough. I do this because I hope people are happy with it, else it doesn't make sense. I don't get rich from them, the money goes in other peoples pockets.

The glassfiber version stays in production, it's in stock at TLM.

60017[/snapback]

I dont know what they look like up close, but they look good in the photos. As for the money...women have their jewelry, we have our bikes, & of course our women lol :grin: Theres no such thing as a good investment in your bike. Its all in how it makes you feel I guess.