Stands

windchill

I AGREE WITH PAUL I HAD MY MACHINIST BUILD ME ONE JUST LIKE THE ONE IN THE THREAD WORKS GRRREAT!!!! I'M STILL GOING TO BUILD ONE OFF OF THE REAR AXLE.

The Pit Bull stands are also excellent, but are mainly a USA item. As far as the swing arm pivots are concerned, you cannot use them with a pin as that would damage the hexagonal adjustment hole, and if you had hexagonal pin, it would have to be in a bearing on the stand so that it wouldn't upset the swingarm adjustment. I've never heard of such a stand so I would suggest the stock stand from MG. I use the Pit Bull stands and I really like the front one that uses the pin under the triple tree as I can remove the wheel or the entire fork tubes without having to come up with additional supports for the engine etc. Pit Bull also makes the front stand that fits the bottom of the fork tube, but I would think that that is a little less convenient. If you opt for a Pit Bull stand for you V11 Sport series bike, you have to order the extra wide one as the V11 Sports have a very wide swing arm. The downside to the Pit Bull rear stand on the V11 Sport, or any paddock stand for that matter, is the swing arm is covered with the slippery plastic of the rear hugger and the stand will slide forward at the most inopportune moments. Even without the hugger, the MG swingarms are smooth and paddock stands tend to slide. A hose clamp around the swing arm on both sides is unsightly, but very effective at providing a stop for the paddock stand.

Pit Bull motorcycle stands

Looks like an exact replica of the MG stand.

Actually, it is the new MG stand. I just ordered one from MG Cycle and they said they're now coming through in this color.

Guest Brian Robson

It should be emphasized that the stand is so easy to use and that the dumbell piece slides under the sump and allows both wheels to be removed. Every time I get the tyres changed, I save an extra $30