Triangular bracket

western trucker

Hi there

newbie here I want to take front engine bracket off for cleaning and re painting just wondering if most of the engine weight is supported by this bracket and if so what do  you guys do if you wanted to remove it 

cheers 

You mean the front subframe? That might be a puzzle to remove without taking the engine out, but could be possible. I would get the bike vertical with the shop stand, then support the engine with a platform jack. You will need to remove the tank and bunch of other stuff.

4 hours ago, Scud said:

You mean the front subframe? That might be a puzzle to remove without taking the engine out, but could be possible. I would get the bike vertical with the shop stand, then support the engine with a platform jack. You will need to remove the tank and bunch of other stuff.

You can pull the front subframe with the engine still in. Just support the front of the engine under the sump with the front wheel still on the ground. Undo the cooler mounts and let it hang by the lines and then all the rest of course including fuel tank removal. 

Ciao 

Much as you guys said I took tank  off supported engine via a strap over frame took off everything connected to subframe    and managed to get it out only reason it came off was a bit of corrosion about bolts so wanted it cleaned up I will also clean up lower supports off pork chops after this support it done 

cheers