Seat cowl, nut size?

belfastguzzi

I took the seat off and heard a rattling sound. It was a loose 17mm nut lying in the seat cover elastic. Looks like it is off the hollow threaded bolt that secures the rear removable seat cowl to the seat pan.

There is no nut on or around the bolt on the other side.

I have tried a range of similar sized nuts. So far, can't find one that fits.

Does anyone happen to know what size this bolt/nut actually is? :luigi:

Belfastguzzi,

Don't listen, the man's a fool!

Don't know meself, & it's cold & dark out there, so I ain't going to the garage. Most all threads on Guzzi are metric coarse, with the odd fine. Won't be anything else. If it's 17mm a/f (spanner) then thats 10mm thread.

Can't imagine that helps very much, but I just wanted to show I cared.

KB,Cymru :sun:

Can't imagine that helps very much, but I just wanted to show I cared.

The most helpful bit is hearing that it's cold and dark there too: 'cos rain stopped play for me.

Yes, 10mm looked right, but the pitch was slightly different from everything I tried.

It must be fine pitch - so thanks.

The reason that I took the seat off was to see how I might attach panniers and stuff. Please feel free to be helpful with suggestions about that too.

That'll be another thread then.

PS

Good job you posted. Otherwise I would have had to use the hammer - and I think that would have hurt. :(

That'll be another thread then.

Dunno, their ain't no-one here but us two & the lunatic with the hammer, we can talk about anything we want. Trouble is I don't know much about panniers either, I always use a big rucksack & a tankbag...try travelling with a BMW rider they always have loads of boxes and things...

KB,Cymru :sun:

Trouble is I don't know much about panniers either, I always use a big rucksack

- note to self -

stop going to bike shows and buying bargains, eg panniers and stuff.

Two years ago I got a great leather jacket. Salesman said it was he last one so was a great price. I hadn't had one before with all that horrible armour in. It felt odd so I sought guidance from salesman, "does it really fit me?" :homer: "It fits perfectly" says he.

Howcome it was only when I handed over the dosh and got home that I realised the arms reached down to my ankles...?

A hint: grab the biggest hammer you have in house, close your eyes and HIT! HIT! HIT!

If it does not stop, stay HITTING!!!

Let me know the final result.

ciao

SBR63_boxhill%20003.jpg