Tech problem - 2003 Corsa

Guest Corsaman

Guest Corsaman

I came by the other week and read a thread, can't find it today, seems the History and Temp Internet files have been deleted by over zealous type computa user <_<:homer:

BUT I wanted to check back and say what a great thread it was, full of MY PROBLEM, a 2003 Corsa that hesitated and spat back through the airbox, anywhere between 2000 to 3500 rpm when coasting with a negative throttle setting. Since reading the said thread, my bike has spent 2 weeks back at the dealership in a SUCCESSFUL attempt to solve the problem.

In talking to the mechanic, :luigi: IMHO, it seems that the mechanics need to think outside the square, to be able to sort this problem. It appears they all have this problem in varying degrees (mine was quite bad) ( I was falling out of love quite quickly), :wub: I believe that when the special ECU analyser supplied by MOTO GUZZI Italy was attached to the bike any alterations then made were instantly over ridden by the exhaust system's oxygen sensor.

So he tried disconnecting the oxygen sensor and then remapping the ECU. BINGO.

Success at last. :mg::bier: I rode the bike home from Auckland (approx 300km's) never missed a beat, idles properly , starts better Hot and Cold, no more jerky on/off throttle response. :helmet:

I am even considering buying the wife some flowers so I can get some after after market cans so the sound will match the ride, :bike:

I am even considering buying the wife some flowers so I can get some after after market cans so the sound will match the ride, :bike:

You, the wife and the Lemans will all be happier! :thumbsup:

There's quite a lot to setting up an ECU and even more in making it closed loop. Check out http://www.jefferies-au.org/My16M/index.htm and you'll see that the O2 sensor portion of the circuit can only correct for a certain percentage of the ECU map. The map has to be close to the desired running condition first (no sensor) and then the O2 sensor can make the fine corrections. Your report seems to confirm this as the correct approach.

...ahhh, your LeMans is CLOSED LOOP?! veddy eeenteresting <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_tongue.png" alt=":P">

I don't think any of the bikes in North America, except maybe the new Breva?? are closed loop yet. I wonder if the 2004+ North American V11 bikes will start arriving closed-loop soon?

Glad to hear you've got it running ^_^

al

• 6 months later...
Guest Corsaman

long time to reply...

but I must report success :bier: flowers not required <_<

New Exhaust

new Power commander

Man ... :homer: I got that woman wrapped around my littel finger... :P and the BIKE!!!!!.... :mg::bike::luigi:mmmmmm.

I bought a tailor-made exhaust system at MAB-Power

It looks simmilar to this:

kat6.jpg.

Afterwards I had the problem that the bike was running too lean at 3000 rpm.

My modell has the a lambda sensor which overrides any setting you have changed at the FI system.

The solution: I bought the ECU which is part of the MG Titanium Exhaust Kit (for modells with catalytic converter).

I ordered it directly from Mistral

(less than half the price of the MG part).

Mistral is the supplier of the MG exhaust kit!

It feels like riding a new motorcycle! Power power power ...

According to my understanding new Guzzis run closed-loop below 3000 rpm, that is, in cruising speeds. Above that they go directly according to the fuel map and do not use the lambda sensor signal for adjustments.

If you disconnect the lambda sensor, the ECU will go open-loop everywhere in the rpm range because it cannot get any reasonable lambda signal. So, if you want to enrichen the map below 3000 rpm, you need to disconnect the sensor.

I got this info from a reputable Guzzi mechanic, but have not tried that in practise because I am myself driving a My16M powered Sport 1100i :)

BR, Juha

I am myself driving a My16M powered Sport 1100i  :) 

BR, Juha

35002[/snapback]

Kepis Juha,

How does a My16M powered Sport 1100i look like? Sounds interesting - post a picture, will ya?

Cheers Søren (and no, I don't speak Finnish despite my name :bier: )

Terve Søren,

Well, it is something like this :

ecuandnokia.JPG

Longer story can be found here

My16M is a replacement for Weber Marelli 16M developed by australian Cliff Jeffries.

BR, Juha