Scura Ohlins Shock

Baldini

I think you may be right on the Scura having too much high speed compression dampening. When one of the magazines did a write up on the Scura, they had the same complaint of harshness and had the shock revalved. It did help but was still on the stiff side.

My 03 Rosso to me seems spot on. It did take me a few weeks to dial in (one high speed ride with the Ducati club helped me tune it to my riding needs).

Mike

How many clicks out from full rebound/comp do you have on your Ohlins shock Mike?

I'd also like to know what settings others have found appropriate on the Ohlins forks(how many clicks back from full).

It would be good to hear some "baseline" settings others have found work well on these.

al

al, the scura booklet says:

forks,

rebound( screw in the bottom) 13 clicks from fully closed

compression, (screws in center of the top) 13 clicks from fully closed,

spring preload(nuts on top) 13 turns. from open.

coincidence it's all 13? lucky number:-)

shock:

rebound, 14 clicks from closed

compression 12 from closed

preload 15mm.

ere, this is a thread on high speed compression damping - be off with you :angry: Anyone changed high speed damping on std Scura shock?

Al, search for threads on Ohlins settings long time ago. Comes down to your weight & spring rate for starters.

KB :sun:

al, the scura booklet says:

Paul

What is the Scura booklet

and where did you get it?

How many clicks out from full rebound/comp do you have on your Ohlins shock Mike?

I'd also like to know what settings others have found appropriate on the Ohlins forks(how many clicks back from full).

It would be good to hear some "baseline" settings others have found work well on these.

al

I just checked the Ohlins rear shock and I have 13 clicks out on compression dampening (remote) and 7 clicks out on rebound dampening (on the shock). Call me crazy but the Guzzi likes alot of rebound dampening. I think the weight of the rear wheel/final drive has something to do with it. :homer:

Mike

]Scura booklet

Belfastguzzi,

See http://ryuv11.free.fr/v11/scuraohlins/v11scuramanual-02.jpg >

http://ryuv11.free.frv11/scuraohlins/v11scuramanual-04.jpg

and

Thanks very much Baldini.

Does that mean that there is a specific MG owners manual for the Scura?

Did you get one with your bike? I just got a generic V.11 handbook that doesn't cover the Scura specs.

Does that mean that there is a specific MG owners manual for the Scura?

ho hum...i've heard there is one, but I've never seen it. same dealer as you i think- said he'd get one...

however you can get suspension/st damper info off pages on net. ohlins site is very good. that only leaves clutch really rest is same as v11. handbook doesn't really tell you much anyhow.

btw - did you get your warranty registered w/Guzzi?

ps...anyone altered high speed da...nnguuurkkk :blink:

guess not.

- did you get your warranty registered w/Guzzi?

Yes. Is yours still not registered by 'that dealer'?

I have been meaning to send in my service book to get the first service stamped. I'm wondering if it is worth querying the peeling engine paint as a warranty issue? I can't remember if you have had a paint problem. If so, what happened with dealer?

I'll also mention the blown timing case gasket.

When I bought and collected the bike and was on my way bak to the ferry, I noticed that the screen is cracked. I didn't want to turn back then and I assume it is too late to do anything about it now, but I might as well ask if it might be covered by waranty. I doubt it.

When I collected the bike, the dealer said something about replacing a gearbox spring as some had given trouble but they didn't know which ones were affected. He said they had changed mine anyway. At that time I had no idea what he was talking about. That was BVC time (Before V11.Com). D

Did you have no luck with the dealer over the spring issue?

db

Hi Keith,

I guess the response to your original query is no. I haven't gone beyond a spring and knob twiddling on mine. It seems like all I've been doing is commuting on the thing anyways and the stock Ohlins seems capable for that. :wacko:

I sure hope to do some real riding sometime soon.

John Koester

belfastguzzi,I had another dealer register warranty. Did spring myself - went at less than 3k miles, dealer too far/long wait, he promised to send a spring but didn't. Good he went to trouble of replacing yours but it's a bit of a mystery why they break & whether later springs will be any better.

I've been lucky w/cases paint so far (6k miles). If it goes i intend to clean it back to ally eventually. Good luck! :bier:

John, how many miles you got on Scura now?

Keith,

I'm up at about 19,500 but I'm on my BMW these days. I blew another fork seal and am waiting for the seals to come in from Ohlins. My local (non Guzzi) shop sells Aprillia so I went in there thinking they might have them in stock since so many Aprillia's have Ohlins on them. They do have them but they cost $75.00 USD a pair. I ordered the selas at the same shop from Ohlins and they're something like $30. Only now I have to wait until they come in.

It's the price I pay for being a cheap bastard.

This is the second time I've blown that seal (right side) when I replaced it before I didn't see anything wrong on the tube. I sure hope it's not nicked. I'm guessing they cost a bit.

John