Yes, I actually dual-plugged a V11 Sport/LeMans

al_roethlisberger

:lol:

History: Forum Thread "Has anyone Dual-Plugged a V11 Sport

Since all the logistics are finished, as far as parts, how, etc... and covered in the thread above... per Jaap's request, I'll post the results of the dual-plug conversion here :D

I rode the bike to work today, and tried to get it gooooood and hot, and so far(knock on wood) no vapor-lock or fuel leaks after my various mods in the "wasted fuel" and "relocated fuel-pump" threads. So I should be able to get the bike dyno'd and a new custom map for the PCIIIusb by tomorrow :bier:

I'm pretty excited, because finally we'll know if the dual-plugs offer any performance benefit... and I'll finally have my first custom map made specifically for/on the PCIIIusb, as my current map is simply my old PCIII custom map converted to the USB format.

Only long term will give any hint of efficiency improvement offered by the dual-plug conversion though :huh2: However, all things being equal, it should offer some.

I'll update here :)

al

Hey Al,

I think I asked this before,but don't know if I ever got a response

or my senility is kicking in. :huh2:

I have a PC3 and was wondering if it can be converted to USB. :blink:

How would that be done ,and what are the advantages?

Being on the e-mail list from PC,they sent me the USB version which I have in a saved menu on my computer.

Would just downloading it to my PC3 work or does it need to be custom map at a dyno to get full advantage :homer:

J.R. in NC :bike:

A PCIII and a PCIIIusb are physically different boxes. The usb model uses USB instead of a regular serial port to communicate (and is probably much faster). My understanding is that maps for the usb model are different than maps for the "regular" model, so don't download the usb map unless you're sure.

Which is to say, no, one can't be converted to the other. You actually have to buy a whole new box if you want the PCIIIusb.

All right, we got around the problem here.

The PCIII is a misleading promotion of a better performance for a bike.

We have to solve the problem from the core.

That's the ECU. But this argument I already lost in another topic. That's pity!

Does anybody have some interest in a original Guzzi-racing ECU???

I will ask in a local post office how much is the sending to the USA.

I can deliver some of them.

Ciao

All right, we got around the problem here.

The PCIII is a misleading promotion of a better performance for a bike.

We have to solve the problem from the core.

That's the ECU. But this argument I already lost in another topic. That's pity!

Does anybody have some interest in a original Guzzi-racing ECU???

I will ask in a local post office how much is the sending to the USA.

I can deliver some of them.

Ciao

Antonio,

I don't think you "lost" that discussion ^_^ .... and in fact I agreed that optimally, if we had tuners in the USA that were good at mapping the M15, you were correct that the PCIII/PCIIIusb would not be required. If tuned well, the M15 should be more than sufficient.

However, in the USA, we have very few if any folks that can get the most out of the M15 on Guzzi applications, and probably near none than have any experience or even can remap ignition. ...whereas, there are a lot of shops experienced doing so with the PCIII. So, we have to go with what we can ...unless of course one can afford to ship their whole bike to Europe for a new mapping :D ....because with the various modifications, one really needs a dyno, gas analyzer, and hence the bike in person to do it right.

Certainly, if the bike is bone-stock(or close), then yes, I'm sure someone could certainly send their ECU to one of your tuners in Europe, and get a very good state of tune :thumbsup: But for most of us, the bikes are no longer stock :unsure:

BTW, what is a "Guzzi-racing ECU"??

To add to the responses about the question about the PCIII and PCIIIusb, yes as mentioned, they are physically different boxes. The USB model uses twice the data points as the old PCIII, has an expansion slot for goodies like an ignition module(which is not made yet for Guzzi applications), and the map file formats are completely different. The two are not interchangeable.

However, if you have an old PCIII map that was working for you, you can convert the old PCIII map and import it into your PCIIIusb via the included softward. This however is meant only to "get you up and running" as the software makes some assumptions and estimates when doing so. Ultimately you would want to get a real USB map when possible. I don't recall if you can go the "other way", that is, converting and importing a PCIIIusb map into the PCIII format :huh2:

However, Todd Eagan has lots of PCIII maps, probably more than USB versions, for various configurations. If one cannot get a custom map in the near future, that is where I'd start.

Now, back to our regular programming ^_^ ...the shop wasn't able to squeeze me in today for my mapping, but I'm on the schedule for tomorrow at 11am. More to follow :P

al

ProItalia in LA is a distributor for FIM / Ultimap

should be able to remap the stock ECU on California V11s.

We have a distributer in Sweden but sadly they are located about 1200 km

from me so I opted for a PC instad.

Could be, but unfortunately most of the Ducati shops that I've spoken to aren't excited about trying to tune a Guzzi...

I had a couple leads here in Northern CA, that used the FIM software, but they never came through.

If anyone is in the LA area, and wants to check them out for this service, that would be great to report on for us :thumbsup:

al

Guest John T

Antonio,

Yes we can get that here also, about 900-1000 dollars.

It is not a "racing" kit, what it is is just a stock ECU that is re-mapped to help with the freer flowing titanium cans and helps with the flat spot at 4500 rpm. It offers no more HP and does not have the timing changed.

It is fine if you just do the cans but if you do more work like a crossover, headwork or a cam, you still need to get a new map made. This is where the PCIII shines. Do some work, have a custom map made for "your bike and your mods" Very simple and works perfectly.

If I had the above kit from Guzzi it would not work for my bike and my modifications.

So no thank you to the "racing" kit from Guzzi, it is no good for me ar anyone who does more than just slip on cans.

Hope you guys over there could get to a good tuning link center, you would like it.

Also, Antonio, what do you mean by saying the PCIII is a misleading promotion for better performance, they have a solid record for better performance or else the AMA racers wouldn't use them would they??

Yep, that's what I suspected he meant by the "racing ECU" but was curious for clarification just in case ^_^

My ECU has already been remapped by TLM in Holland, but the PCIIIusb will get it even "closer" since it will be done on a dyno :thumbsup:

I sure wish I could rename a thread, as this one has been effectively hijacked :lol:

100300.gif