Bubs exhaust on a V11 Sport

Mike Stewart

I should have shopped around. $6500 is a very good price for this bike. Those pipes would be quite LOUD. About the same as running straight pipes. It is an interesting set up, and I am a believer in the length of pipe being INVERSELY proportional to top end. So, this bike would have a strong top end. I would love to ride it and see.

Guest dkgross

cool. I had a set of Bub's Big Willys on my Yamaha Roadstar. DAMN..what a great sound. Somedays, I sure do miss my 'Ruby".

post-5-1080198676_thumb.jpg

I emailed the seller about a week ago, and have not had a response... Hopefully he'll email and I'll share the information w/ this forum.

Regards, Tim

2001 V11 Sport

2002 Kawasaki Conours

1978 GS550E

Those look like the same pipes I have on my bike. They are actually made for Ducatis. By themselves, they should add a nice rumble, but not too much noise. My bike only got loud when I installed the open air filter. According to Guzzitech, the performance numbers on Bubs are pretty good.

I emailed the owner/seller and here was his answer:

Hi Mike,

I got the Bub Exhaust from:

http://www.bubent.com/

09-1036 1100 Sport System with X-over 625.00

It was originally made for the 1997 Moto Guzzi Sport 1100i, but fits on the 2000 v11 Sport.

Thanks for your help,

-Sergio

----- Original Message -----

I had been on the Bub site before and did not know that the Sport 1100i exhaust would bolt right on. Humm, perhaps an exhaust change in the near future. For $625.00 , that is much cheaper than the Stucchi crossover and mistrals, plus it comes with the header pipes. Nice finish also! :bier:

Mike

I told Sergio I would post his bike on the forum, I have a feeling Jaap will be moving this post soon. :homer:

Hey Carl, why don't you buy this bike so you will have something that runs to ride. You can put your Mistral exhaust from your 01 V11Sport on it and then put the Bubs on your Sport 1100i. Just a thought :lol:

Mike

2000 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport ($6530):

- Only 3K miles

- Bub Exhaust System

- Pro Italia Bar Ends

- Garage Kept, Very Clean

http://www.ducativille.com/4sale/2000%20V1...port/index.html

Checked out the website, was disappointed to find that the "Jug Hugger" was, in fact, a line of exhausts.....

So if this Bub exhaust works on the older Sports 1100 & the V11 series, any reason why some other company's offering for Sport 1100 exhausts / cans wouldn't work on the V11 series?

I'm still having sticker shock at the price of an aftermarket exhaust + Power Commander or the M-G option. Yes I'd like a little more 'presence', but having a hard time justifying the $$ outlay. Go fish for cans that were designed for the Sport 1100 & more options can be found at reasonable prices.

Appreciate anyone's thought / comments.

55 degrees in Atlanta @ 6:20 AM. Goin' riding.

Have a safe weekend.

Phil

:helmet:

Guest dkgross
cool.  I had a set of Bub's Big Willys on my Yamaha Roadstar.  DAMN..what a great sound.  Somedays, I sure do miss my 'Ruby".

@#@#?>~+_*&($%^@#$xX#@!`~`+8+;,*&.*<<$3*7@ yamasaki!

now now, Antonio..play nice :)

I had a Honda Pacific Coast as my first bike for 7 years. I wanted a change, and wasn't mentally ready for a 'sport bike". I fell in love with a 2000 Harley Fat Boy, but refused to pay the outragous cost. The Yamaha dealer was right next door. Took the Roadie for a spin, and paid cash for it (for LESS THAN HALF of what the harley was).

It was GREAT bike for three years. Never an problem. Fun to ride, although heavy. I truly did enjoy it.

Then, I decided I wanted a BMW 1150 RT. Traded Ruby in, and it was a disaster. Total POS. After 7 months, they bought it back from me..

Then I saw my LeMans :wub:

Guest dkgross

I'm still having sticker shock at the price of an aftermarket exhaust + Power Commander or the M-G option

Phil...gotta agree with you about the sticker shock issue, but, I gotta tell you, I consder the $1000 spent on the Guzzi Ti-pipes/ECU money, WELL WELL SPENT. It's a totally different bike.

And, I'm saving for a new PCIII usb and a trip to a DYNO somewhere...

• 3 weeks later...

BTW for those in the SF Bay area and interested, this bike(the V11 Sport with Bubs) is up at "Riders Choice Used Bike Warehouse" here in San Jose.

I was just killing some time, "window shopping", and noticed it sitting amongst the various Ducatis.

The Bubs look nice, and are actually a pretty interesting solution for those not thrilled with the big cans on the rear of the Sport. I'm not so certain that they would look as good on a LeMans though, as they may make the front end look even "heavier".... unbalanced :huh2:

Maybe Jaap could photo-chop them onto a LeMans for anyone interested.

One note though, on this bike, the right exhaust megaphone clearly hits the plastic cover on the swingarm. I might clear if the cover/hugger were removed, or if some washers, or just brute force bending, were used to increase clearance a bit.

Also, the finish, like all chrome finishes..... was rapidly bluing, and right on the verge of rusting. I think a chrome finish for this might be a mistake, so perhaps one would want to ceramic coat them.

But all in all, they looked fine for the Sport's lines.

As an aside, there was also a red Bassa there, with a matching single wheel trailer, for about $5k. It only had 8k miles, but looked a bit rough, like it had been parked in the Sun a lot. The Sport above only has around 3500, and looked similarly "faded", but didn't have a price tag.

al