Oil filters

Guest Brian Robson

Guest Brian Robson

After asking the price of a MG oil filter and being told it was $40.00, I decided to change.

I found a site which cross referenced oil filters and after reading went and purchased the Purolator Pure One PL 10241for $11.00. I cut open the MG filter and simply found corrugated paper, whereas the Purolator had not only double the folds but a different material.

This filter has the same 8 psi by-pass pressure, 3/4" x 16tpi thread plus an anti drain valve.

More importantly its a lovely blue colour(take off the silver sticker)

Guest Gary Cheek
You made your own filter? :lol:

Rebuilt the original filter.When the price gets that high it is worth the effort :grin:

Yep, it's crazy... you can get a new pump, regulator, and probably the filter directly from Redline Weber for "pennies on the dollar" for what you'd pay through Guzzi <_>

I haven't tried to get a filter from them, but I bought an external pressure regulator for $70, that mechanically is exactly the same as the OEM unit.

al

Guest callithrix

I've been using the WalMart ST3614 filter with no ill effects, $1.99 American dollars. Just remember to take off the sticker per Dlaings instructions. :rolleyes:

Guest Gary Cheek

Those $35 USD turn sigs are only $3.50 at the Harley/ Buell dealer . They are a Buell part and the diff is they are smoke rather than amber lenses .The TPS thing is well known too.

Alternative parts:

Does anyone know if the black brake lever, as fitted in 2002, is the same as fitted to some other make at a cheaper price?

A dealer couldn't give me an accurate quotation but said the MG lever would be 'about £70'.

Ta.

Are Ducati parts generally cheaper than MG? I wonder why - is it more numbers, more sales?

Is there any cross-over with Aprillia and MG parts?