Exhaust Cans

Guest Apexlocator

Guest Apexlocator

Which cans are the best choice for sound and performance? I have 400 miles on my LeMans and am getting the itch for even more performance. I get the feeling that this bike will fly once uncorked. Now, I need to choose which dealership should do my mods. I would appreciate comments on which cans, airbox and power commander to buy.

I love this bike!

Guest northend

I have an 03 Le Mans and went with M-4 Carbon cans from Harper's. Very nice quality and sound and they don't have any badges stuck or rivited at the back of them. Makes for a very clean look :thumbsup: ( I think around 795.00 USD )

As for the airbox, I went with the FBF lid eliminator kit ( aprox.69.00 )

And go wth the PCIII USB ( mine came from FBF, I think it was around 279.00 )

Once all that is done, make sure you have the TPS set up and the throttle bodies sinced. This is very crucial to the performance of the bike. Also having the bike dyno'd and a custom map done is a plus.

Welcome to the club :thumbsup:

Later.......Northend, Detroit, MI.

Guest mcloutier

I have the carbon fiber Mistrals and am verry happy with the sound/look/performance. I have to say that when I was at the national rally last year the best sounding V11 had Leo Vince pipes on them. Here is a link to a pic. LeoVince

have recently removed a "one off" set of renegade cans and pipework from my v11 as you lose the rear footrests and wife not hp....these sound amazing...and are up for sale...cost £1100 originally...have receipts, and open to offers

50pct_pipes.JPG

Many shops sell Leo Vince, and online.....

A quick search for "Leo Vince exhaust USA" turned up quite few hits, but I've heard good things about these folks:

http://www.ema-usa.com/exhaust/exhaust.shtml

Leo Vince isn't their primary "line" it seems, but they list them as available.

al

whole_bike_badge.jpg

ghezzi and brian!!! furia type exhaust. it takes the cross-over back off the bike

They are neat looking for sure :thumbsup: .....but they apparently do some odd and potentially undesireable things to the power curve, and unless they've been updated, suffered from cracking at the welds :huh2:

Something to check into before buying ;)

al

Guest dkgross

Love the high pipe!!

I was just perusing the G&B site...saw the Furia Titanium.

OH

MY

GOD

do I EVEN what to know how much THAT costs???

DROOOOOOOOOOOOL

post-5-1081533003_thumb.jpg

Guest callithrix

03 lemans also . Mods include FBF Pipes, FBF Intake, FBF Hi compression Pistons, Stucchi X- over and a Power commander. I haven't had the bike dynoed but it pulls like a frieght train and revs like an animal ( at least that's my impression :bike: ). Very strong thru out the powerband effortless from 4k and pulls relentlessly to redline. Have to be careful not to over rev it. I chose to install most of the FBF components because I figured there would be a greater chance of compatbility with parts and a reduced chance of complications in set up.

I highly recommend the pistons. no pinging great midrange and easy installation, literallly drop in. The pipes are loud and deep and the intake is a great mod although I like the look of the K&N's more;and as a bonus they clean up the clutter under the tank.( May be of importance to those wanting to relocate the externally mounted fuel pump; PER Al's instructions). Stucchi Xover is also a boost to midrange and doesn't block acces to gearbox drain bolt as much as the stock X-over does. Very happy with the mods.

Also valve adjustment is very important don't use the U.S. settings they are way too tight; particularly for a bike with mods. I use the Raceco settings but you find what works for your bike, Good luck. :mg: