Michelin Pilot Road

Well, I finally replaced the stock tires with new Michelin Piot Road. These tires are excellent over most surfaces. I ride on the worst freeway in the states (710-Long Beach, CA - the only freeway that tractor trailers go to and from the very busy Los Angeles Harbor) and these tires handle all imperfections that has been tossed at them. I can take twisties at much steeper lean angles than with the stock Bridgestones. Warm up on these tires are very similar to the Bridestones. I had Pirellis, Dunlops and Avons on my Triumph t595 and never felt as confident in the twisties as I have with these tires on my v11. I recommend these tires to all v11 riders. Oh by the way, I purchased a 170 for the rear.

Cost:

Dennis Kirk - they match the best price on any tire and then reduce the price by a dollar. Shipping cost is $6 per tire. If you live outside of MN there is no sales tax.

$84.99 for the front - delivered cost

$104.99 for the rear - delivered cost

$15 per tire mounting cost through Cycle Gear

Thanks to all for your help on how to use my new jack, info on changing the front and rear bearings, and info on greasing the %$#@ zerks .

:notworthy:

Guest dkgross

tell me more about how the 170 on the rear feels compared to the 180! I'm anxious to try that switch as well.

tell me more about how the 170 on the rear feels compared to the 180!  I'm anxious to try that switch as well.

I actually went to a 160. Avon AV36 specifically for a 4.5" rim. Worked wonderfully, even at sidestand-dragging cornering speeds.

Actually, these Pilot Roads look interesting to me. The only gripe I had with the Avons is that they took a while to warm up...