Recall

big unit

B/U:

have a look at this thread:V11 recall

Also, do a topic search for 'Gearbox recall" under TechnicalTopics" for the last 180 days. Lot's of info.

best of liuck, docc

I have an affected bike, but I spent the winter moving from Maine to NY.

1) Is it worth doing the recall, as I don't trust mechanics trying to beat the flat rate.

2) Can anyone recommend a shop in the NY/NJ/CT area that is competent and conscientious?

3) When does the recall expire?

Thanks.

1) I'd say, "yes" , the recall is worth it.

2) I dunno, some of you guys help us out on a good dealer 'up east.'

3)my understanding is that NHTSA recalls don't expire. But it is probably advisable to to get'em while they're hot.

Guest d.starling

hi big, give a call to nick at rockwell cycles in fort montgomery, you should not be charged for anything other than fluid replacement. he did mine. and i am happy. the number is,845-446-3834. and yes you should have it done. ps fort montgomery is a nice ride up the pallisades parkway.

Thanks Doc for the link up to the other recall topics.

I have looked through the other posts and there is some great pictures.

Question, to get to the gearbox what work has to be done, does the motor have to come out ?, and how many hours is it actually taking the dealers to do the gearbox work from start to finish.

Cheers

Guest Wayne M

I also had my recall work done at Rockwell Cycles. I'm pleased with the work done and the turn around. It is a good dealership to do business with.

Wayne

Thanks for the tips, guys. Maybe a poll on the time it took, if the trans works better, willingness of dealers to do the work? Seems like major feedback to give MGUSA customer service, with NHTSA oversight.