Seattle Tech Day

Guest dkgross

Guest dkgross

Soooo...just throwing it out there....You guys interested in doing a little Tech Day thing??? I'd love to hook up with those of you who actually KNOW how to use tools, and do some fine tuning to my suspension, etc..

we can certainly make a Ride Day out of it as well...

I'm starting to feel overwhelmed with information from reading this board :blink:

Can't make a decision about tire size or type...is a PCIII REALLY necessary with the aftermarket Guzzi Exhaust....are my shocks REALLY setup properly...blah blah blah.

anyway..if interested...start posting..I'll be glad to help organize it (or, at least spring for the pizza and brewski's....)

I would be down with a Guzzi Tech Day. I can't offer my place if we have more than a few people, but it's possible if we're less than perhaps 5. I've got a decent selection of tools and one of those clever Guzzi shop stands (but no lift, alas). I've got a garage that's just big enough for two close friends to work on two bikes at once, but is really better suited to working on one bike at a time. ^_^

Saturdays tend to work well for me, usually better than Sundays.

Sounds interesting David. Lead the way.

decision about tire size or type...

is a PCIII REALLY necessary with the aftermarket Guzzi Exhaust....

shocks REALLY setup properly...blah blah blah.

I'll be glad to help organize it (or, at least spring for the pizza and brewski's....)

DO IT

and post the answers here as soon as poss.

Hooray!

I'll buy a pizza.

Guest dkgross

COOL! My garage is pretty small, and it's a safe bet that I won't have all the appropriate tools. Saturdays are best for me as well!

Enzo? Patrick? Anyone got some enough room and a stand/lift?

Guest dkgross

Tentative Tech Day...Sat, April 8th..

still working on a place...

My place is probably too small, and I don't have a lot of tools...

If you mean MAY 8th - that is the day Jason from M.I. will be racing his Guzzi at Pacific Raceway - hopefully.

I think that this sort of get together will only work if we can at least find a 3 car garage or some other big open indoor space. I don't have such a place either. Plus, I know nothing. It seems that it would also be helpful if a day was chosen where everyone who will attend has some project they want to get done on their own bike. That way we can learn what the others are up to and get a pointer or two if we are lucky.

If everyone looked around and checked on people we know and businesses etc., maybe we could even rent a space for a day every other month or so.

Don't you guys have mechanic's bays for rent? I've seen big, multi-stall garages with hydraulic lifts (for cars) that can be rented by the day or hour. You furnish your own beer, your own tools, lift your car and do your worst to it. Or bike in this case.

J

and Enzo has

his hacksaw and

some electrical tape

hey, you forgot to mention, his good taste ;)

Guest dkgross

haha..Oh yeah..MAY, not April..Sorry..I work 12 hrs a day these days..I have no concept of Linear Time.

I don't know if there are any 'bays for rent', but I'll look into it!

I agree about having specific things to do...For me, fine tuning my suspension is the most important thing. I'll be putting new tires on and getting my 6000 mile service done on Friday the 7th, so I won't need a valve adjustment or TB sync..

I also think one of my goals is to just hang out with significantly more 'mechanically knowledgable' people and learn more about my bike and how it works. I'm probably not as inept as I think I am, just un-informed :nerd:

but, what the hell..I'm an old dog that can probably still learn new tricks :luigi:

(my wife will die of laughter at even the THOUGHT of me getting oil and grease on my hands...LOLOLOLOL). It's a piano-player thing....or a wus thing.... :bier:

Guest dkgross
If you mean MAY 8th - that is the day Jason from M.I. will be racing his Guzzi at Pacific Raceway - hopefully.

OOOOH...Well, we can postpone the Tech Day for a week or so!! I'd LOVE to go to the raceway to watch Jason!!!

I also think one of my goals is to just hang out with significantly more 'mechanically knowledgable' people and learn more about my bike and how it works.

Man, I only know electrical tape, hack saw, cheap spray paint and channel lock - I have been frozen in a block of ice for 10,000 years. And Motomonster comes to me for advice. So, we're not off to a good start. We better find a mechanic amonst us.

You guy are welcome to come to my place... But I do live in GA. Kinda long rode trip for some tinkering. :bike::homer:

If you guys are planning a tech day, selecting a "topic" would be much more productive. Then just arrange a one a month workshop having a different topic. Maybe if I ever get to one of the GA gaterings I'll try to get something similar started.